DSO for Automotive work

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2017-12-23 18:56:02 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hello,

I have looked a numerous reviews and tests of different entry level scopes, but I still can't decide what to get.
I quite like the portability of the owon, but dragging a power cable with me is not that big of a problem.
It might be used for FlexRay measurements, but how fast a scope would I need for this ?
I can also see that many people dislike the owon because of bad software, but is this still a problem with brand new ones too ?

Please Help.

Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/dso-for-automotive-work/

Blockchain Advertising Examples

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
Post time 2017-12-28 05:38:07 | Show the author posts only
Thank you.  I didn't even know about FlexRay.  I guess I need a new Bosch book.... (I'm old!)

If you want to see waveforms, then you just need a scope that has enough bandwidth for the signals.  the Nyquist theorem just says that your sampling frequency must be at least double the frequency of interest.  Wikipedia lists FlexRay at 10 Mb/s max, so 20M might be enough, but I would double it (at least) to prevent aliasing.  You also need enough channels on the scope.  It looks like there are 2 wires per channel.  I would place a separate scope channel on each wire.

If you actually want to sniff packets, then you need a logic analyzer with a protocol decoder.  The cheapest I could find is something like this:    http://a.co/eDhnkDV

I don't think I would be too concerned with FlexRay.  I would be more concerned with input tolerance and signal ranges.  Most automotive signals are pretty slow, but can be seriously high voltage.  HEUI injectors could be 100Vdc and hybrid systems are around 300Vdc.  That is going to be a different set of probes, or a scope with a huge voltage rating.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-19 15:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.142625 second(s), 20 queries .