Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 10610|Reply: 5

Hantek HDG2002B AWG: 5Mhz or 100MHz? Let's see!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

中级会员

Credits
Post time 2016-11-9 09:31:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by luke at 2016-11-9 09:40

Let's starts a new thread about the Hantek HDG2000B series and more precisely the HDG2002B.

Presentation
The HDG2000 series is the new AWG series of Hantek composed of 7 models having the same waveform possibilities, but limited on maximum frequency depending on the model. It starts with the HDG2002B model limited to 5Mhz for every signal type and ends with the HDG2102C going up to 100Mhz for sinus waveforms and including a high speed frequency/counter input.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

中级会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-11-9 09:31:59 | Show all posts
You will find all the details here: http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_149.html

If like me you are an assiduous reader of Tinhead’s thread “Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free”, you will find a lot of similarities between the HDG and the Hantek MSD/DSO series.
In fact they share the same hardware platform. Would this mean that they have the same hacking possibilities? Well, you will have the answer after having read the next 154 pages of this new thread. Sorry, private joke :-DD (remind you of something??). Let make it short: as Tinhead already guessed, yes!

I received mine last week and could not prevent myself from opening it... well in fact I bought it for that  >

What's inside?
The inside looks like “Déjà vu” : half of the board is very similar to my MSO5062B: same layout with S3C2416, same lan upgrade possibility based on the DM9000AEP.
On this model, the input for high frequency (2.7Ghz)/counter is not installed but almost all components are already soldered near the jack except one IC. (1/100 frequency divider? With the built-in low frequency counter , I was able to measure the oscillations of a 25Mhz Crystal).

Threads

Credits

中级会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-11-9 09:32:20 | Show all posts
The user manual I received is in Chinese but luckily there is an onboard help which is in English. And anyway Google translate is always a good friend when dealing with Chinese documentation.

Want to play?
Just connect your USB to TTL interface to the board (the one you used for your Hantek MSO/DSO hack, and yes on the same pins), start your console (Kitty or whatever you like) and power up! Go to /etc if you have software 1.00.1 or /dso/root if you have software 1.00.2, edit system.inf and replace HDG2002B with HDG2102C, save, reboot (if you don't manually reboot after the system.inf modification, you will lose the modification after the next Power OFF/ Power ON)… and that’s it.

Instead of 5Mhz, the new limits are now
100MHZ for Sine
40Mhz for Square
100Mhz for Ramp (4Mhz on website?)
30Mhz for Pulse

Threads

Credits

中级会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-11-9 09:34:27 | Show all posts
WARNING!!!

Manual Calibration
You can increase the voltage accuracy of both channels (about 1mv precision in DC Arb function) by calibrating the HDG but don't do it without backing up before the htg.cal file in /etc and when following the calibration procedure,  stop, save and exit the procedure after entering the 12th value. The calibration procedure would need some update ... so be careful.
If something goes wrong, just copy back your old htg.cal file.

Starting setup
You can choose in the setup to start after power on with the last settings or the default settings. If you choose to start with the last settings, you will have a wonderful black screen on next power on. Should it happen, don't panic!
a:Call your mother
b:Call your wife
cush the "Default" key. This will put the HDG in a default state (but this won't be saved) so that you can change this buggy option back to default in the settings.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-9-30 13:36:34 | Show all posts
I want to use User Define Waveform generation.
The TTSource App couldn't work.
What can I do?
Do you know the data file format?

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2021-3-17 06:00:10 | Show all posts
TTSource does not pop up. Could anyone tell me what version of visa32.dll should be installed at Windows\System32\ ?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-28 22:16 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.171201 second(s), 22 queries .