Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

Author: jcul3351

USB DSO3204A Windows 10 Drivers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-8-31 21:00:58 | Show all posts
Please send me the software

jerry.culp@stryker.com

support@hanteck.com has been unresponsive.

Thanks

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2016-9-1 10:03:06 | Show all posts
Sir, we had send the software to your email yesterday. Just sent again. Please check.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-9-1 10:31:24 | Show all posts
I have just checked all the junk mail filters and quarantine lists for my email address.  I do not find anything from Hantek in the last 5 days.

I have tested the email address in the post above and it does deliver email to my email address.  So it appears the address is correct.  Please check you spelling.

I have also conducted extensive testing tonight.  I believe the current software version I have for the 3204a is 1.0.8.

1. If you do not plug anything into the bnc connectors on the 3204a and then run the calibration procedure, the gain on each channel DOES calibrate correctly.  It was my mistake thinking the channels needed to be grounded.  The manual clearly states to remove all connections.
2. But the trigger voltages do not calibrate correctly.  And each time you run the calibration, they seem to calibrate differently.  The closest calibration happens if you calibrate right after startup (cold unit).  If you use the 2v p-p test wave form to trigger on and set everything to DC, the trigger calibration can be off 2 volts or more.  It will indeed trigger, you just need to move the trigger to a voltage that is outside of the displayed waveform.  This problem has existed since the unit was new.
3. If you are actively triggering on a waveform and then use the mouse to slide the trigger voltage (right side of the screen) or the voltage ref (left side of the screen) the software will lock up almost immediately. Normally before you slide the voltage even one division.  You an recover from this lock up by unplugging the USB connector and then plugging it back in.  You can also restart the software.  This problem has also existed since the unit was new but appears to be significantly worse with Win 10.
4. If you are actively triggering on a waveform and simply walk away (don't touch anything) the software appears to operate correctly for at least 30 min.  If you touch either of the voltage sliders (trigger or volt ref) the software locks up almost immediately.

With the exception of the lockups being more frequent, I am basically back to the functionality I had in Win 7.

Please double check my email address and resend.
You can also try:
jmphantom@sbcglobal.net
There are limited email filters on that address.

Thanks  

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2016-9-4 21:32:43 | Show all posts
Jerry,
thanks for your descriptions, it helped me running my 3204A on Win10.

I have the same lock-up issue, could you solve it?
On my System calibration does not do anything, it just says "calibrating" for hours.

Regards
Beat

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2016-9-5 10:24:34 | Show all posts
Dir sir, we had send the software to your new email in September 2, and you told me you had received.
Please use the new software to test. If the problem exusts, please give us a short video to study.
For accurate calibration, power on the oscilloscope and wait twenty minutes to ensure it is warmed up.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-9-6 02:43:50 | Show all posts
Edited by jcul3351 at 2016-9-6 03:06

Update:

I did receive the DSO3204a 1.0.10 software.  After extensive testing here is what I have learned

1. The trigger calibration issue seems to be 95% resolved.  It is not perfect but it does work well enough to be useful.
2. The software will still lock up when adjusting the trigger voltage by moving the slider on the right hand side of the screen.  I have made these observations
    a. If the scope is plugged into a USB3 port, the lock up happens very quickly and there is no error message.  You can recover by unplugging and replugging the USB connector
    b. If the scope is plugged into a USB2 port, the lock up does not happen as often AND when it does you get a pop up error message.  You can still recover by cycling the USB plug.  I have included a screen shot of the error.
    c. If you move the trigger voltage slider VERY slowly, it will not lock up.
3. When you select CALIBRATION a window pops up allowing you to select the channels you want to calibrate. On that screen it instructs you to "GROUND THE PROBES" during calibration.  The manual states "remove everything from the BNC connectors".  Pretty confusing.  That is why I had been grounding the probes during calibration.  I have included a screen shot of this as well.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-9-6 02:53:59 | Show all posts
Edited by jcul3351 at 2016-9-6 03:08

Reply posted before I was done ...

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-9-7 23:04:15 | Show all posts
Any comments?

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2016-9-9 10:31:49 | Show all posts
Any feedback on my latest findings?

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2016-9-12 11:33:37 | Show all posts
Our engineers are trying to modify this bug.
Please wait for a while.
But because the product was discontinued, we can only do our best to solve it.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 08:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.165596 second(s), 19 queries .