SOLVED- Hantek 2D72 Shuts off in Scope mode

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2024-3-29 22:44:09 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by flizzmoc at 2024-4-22 23:26

Hi all,

I am having issues with my Hantek handheld O-scope and all my research directed me to this forum, unfortunately though I have not found any similar scenarios posted. The issue I am having with my device is that any time I attempt to switch the device into the Oscilloscope mode, the screen flashes in the mode for a second and then the device shuts off. I have also noticed that in the function generator mode, I am unable to switch the wave type from "sound" and when I set a frequency and press play, I do not get a wave output visualized. Hooking up the DMM leads to the output shows that I am getting a voltage out from the function generator, equivalent to the voltage offset.

I have attempted fully charging the device, power cycling it, removing the batteries and replacing them, and even updating the firmware using the Dfuse app. Each time, my issue remains.

Any ideas or suggestions for resolution of this issue would be greatly appreciated. Glad to provide any additional follow-up information or tests on request.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2024-3-30 00:00:10 | Show the author posts only
I have attempted to connect the device to the Windows Hantek application. If I turn on the device while the application is running, the unit will automatically switch to Scope mode and shut itself off. Before this, the windows application recognizes that the device is connected, but it disconnects almost immediately as the device shuts itself off.

My device is out of warranty so I opened the unit and visually inspected the PCBs and components inside. There appear to be no physical damage to the internal components. At present I do not have another meter to test the Test Points on the board.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 7 day(s) ago | Show the author posts only
I managed to get my device working again.

I connected the device to my PC and found that I was able to get the device to stay connected (and not shut itself off) by enabling the Waveform Generator ON/OFF switch in the software.
I then selected Utility > Factory Setup in the tool bar.
After doing this, I hit the "AUTO" setup button in the software and let it perform an auto set.

I didn't expect this to work, but I am now able to run the device in Scope mode once again. I am unfortunately not sure which of these steps resolved the issue but I am glad it only appears to be a software bug.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-29 03:04 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.190232 second(s), 20 queries .