MSO5202D doesn't want to boot normally

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2023-7-13 19:02:36 | Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hello everyone!

Back in 2014 I've bought Hantek MSO5202D; hw version: 1010×55778340; serial number: T 1G/012 019xxx. It has worked fine until recently. Then it started to boot once per 5-10 power-ups. I used it in such condition for some time. Then I had to switch power on and off like for a half an hour to get it booted up. And finally I've had enough and has started digging the information. First of all I connected to the oscilloscope using console port and obtained the boot logs - they're pretty much common for these kind of situations:
  1. Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

2. ##### EmbedSky BIOS for SKY2416/TQ2416 #####

3. This Board: SDRAM is 64MB; LCD display size is: 800 X 480

4. Press Space key to Download Mode.!
  5. SD:File System init failed!
  6. Start Linux ...

7. NAND read: device 0 offset 0x300000, size 0x400000
  8. 4194304 bytes read: OK
  9. Boot with zImage

10. Starting kernel ...

11. Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
Copy the Code

I contacted Hantek support via email describing the situation and they sent me firmware update files. I updated the system and it didn't help. Tried to contact support once again and have never received an answer. Then after some time of investigation I found dnw.exe utility and proper drivers for my device. Also somewhere on the Internet I found a link with dumps of the partitions from MSO5202D as it's stated in the title.
I ran the bootloader, selected the option `Test Linux Image (zImage)` and transfered kernel.bin from that link. And the oscilloscope booted up! Then I've reboot the bootloader and selected the option `Download Linux Kernel (zImage.bin) to Nand Flash` and transfered kernel.bin once again. Now I have the oscilloscope that boots up every time. The only issue is that those dumps are not for 5202D. Now in the System information I can see that the model is MSO5102B.

So the question is - could anyone please send me a dump of a kernel partition for MSO5202D?
My device has S3C2416 SoC and 4 partitions according to the boot logs (not 8). Boot logs of the oscilloscope before I downloaded the new kernel are attached.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-12 06:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.148861 second(s), 21 queries .