MSO5202D doesn't want to boot normally

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2023-7-13 19:02:36 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hello everyone!

Back in 2014 I've bought Hantek MSO5202D; hw version: 1010×55778340; serial number: T 1G/012 019xxx. It has worked fine until recently. Then it started to boot once per 5-10 power-ups. I used it in such condition for some time. Then I had to switch power on and off like for a half an hour to get it booted up. And finally I've had enough and has started digging the information. First of all I connected to the oscilloscope using console port and obtained the boot logs - they're pretty much common for these kind of situations:
  1. Warning - bad CRC or NAND, using default environment

2. ##### EmbedSky BIOS for SKY2416/TQ2416 #####

3. This Board: SDRAM is 64MB; LCD display size is: 800 X 480

4. Press Space key to Download Mode.!
  5. SD:File System init failed!
  6. Start Linux ...

7. NAND read: device 0 offset 0x300000, size 0x400000
  8. 4194304 bytes read: OK
  9. Boot with zImage

10. Starting kernel ...

11. Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
Copy the Code

I contacted Hantek support via email describing the situation and they sent me firmware update files. I updated the system and it didn't help. Tried to contact support once again and have never received an answer. Then after some time of investigation I found dnw.exe utility and proper drivers for my device. Also somewhere on the Internet I found a link with dumps of the partitions from MSO5202D as it's stated in the title.
I ran the bootloader, selected the option `Test Linux Image (zImage)` and transfered kernel.bin from that link. And the oscilloscope booted up! Then I've reboot the bootloader and selected the option `Download Linux Kernel (zImage.bin) to Nand Flash` and transfered kernel.bin once again. Now I have the oscilloscope that boots up every time. The only issue is that those dumps are not for 5202D. Now in the System information I can see that the model is MSO5102B.

So the question is - could anyone please send me a dump of a kernel partition for MSO5202D?
My device has S3C2416 SoC and 4 partitions according to the boot logs (not 8). Boot logs of the oscilloscope before I downloaded the new kernel are attached.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
Post time 2023-8-3 13:54:14 | Show the author posts only
You have connected your device successfully using the https://akams-phonelinkqrc.us/ webpage. However, you’re currently having issues with this feature and want to unplug your smartphone from your computer. You can therefore unlink your smartphone from your PC by simply following the procedures listed below.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
Post time 2023-8-3 13:55:10 | Show the author posts only
Phone Companion application: The fundamental applications you must install on your smartphone. It is available for immediate download from https://www.akams-addcomputer.com/ You may download it without any delays from the Microsoft official website by clicking this link, which will take you there. But keep in mind that you must download it from either the Play store on your smartphone or the official Microsoft website via this link.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-28 13:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.161262 second(s), 21 queries .