How to Use a Credit Card to Unlock Door

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-10-28 14:20:25 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Want to know how to pick a lock with a credit card? Check if your door can be bypassed using a credit card. If yes, insert the card in a perpendicular position on the crack of the door. Slide the card upward or downward as you put pressure, pushing the latch in.

These instructions explain how to credit card a door/shim a door latch if you are locked out. This could potentially save you money from having to call a locksmith. Keep in mind, if this technique worked easily on your door, you should really consider having a deadbolt installed.

However, this process is not effective against deadbolts and high-security locks. It is often used on simple latch locks that are using a slanted latch bolt, but this is only successful if the lock is not paired with a reinforced strike plate. This method aims to target the slanted bolt and forcibly retract the latch that is keeping the door locked in place. It requires the application of a bit of force, which is why it is crucial to make sure the material you are using is sturdy enough.

How to Use a Credit Card to Unlock Door
Step 1: Choose your credit card you would like to use to open door. I recommend using a card that is not very important because you can damage it.
Step 2: Slide card into door jam. Angle it slightly and slide it down til you feel it stop. Put pressure on the card.
Step 3: If it does not work right away, pull the door towards you, then push it forward. That should allow the card to shim the door latch and give you entry.

If I don’t have a credit card, what are the other types of cards that I can use to open my door?
There are other cards that you can choose from in case you don’t have a credit card. Some of these are gift cards, membership cards, old hotel cards, and insurance cards. However, they must be flexible and sturdy.

For the beginner lock picking hobbyist right through to the esteemed locksmith professional, https://www.barhomevip.com/lock-pick-set.html lock pick sets have all bases – and experience levels – covered. So it doesn’t matter if you’re starting out or have been in the biz longer than you care to share, our range of lock pick sets is varied so we’re sure to carry just what you’re searching for.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-26 18:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.153513 second(s), 20 queries .