IDSO 1070A indirect mode help

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-6-23 01:15:26 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hi there

Just purchased a Hantek IDSO 1070A, which arrived on 2022.06.21,which I can't seem to get into indirect mode.

I have made the following assumptions
1. The scope WiFi is only 2.4GHz
2. The security/encryption as reported by UniFi Network app as WPA/WPA2 (TKIP/AES) so should be supported by the iPad

Equipment
1. iPad 11" pro 2020 running iPadOS 15.5
2. IDSO 1070A
3. Hantek IDSO 1070 iPad app
4. Ubiquity UniFi AP
5. Ubiquity UniFi Network app

The USB mode and software on the PC works, thus confirming the USB mode is functioning and the ability to switch from default WiFi to USB using the easy-link.
The scope AP and iPad app work, thus confirming direct mode WiFi is functioning.

I have extensively googled how to get the scope into indirect mode and based on this am still unsuccessful.

In an attempt to get the indirect mode to work I have tried the following, and observed the following.
1. I have created a separate network on the UniFi AP which has no security/encryption and restricted to 2.4GHz
2. I have followed the indirect mode sequence on the app and using the easy-link to reboot the scope as indicated in the Manual 1.0.2 as well as various google sources
3. The app does not find the scope in the indirect mode although the power and WiFi leds on the scope are slow flashing
4. The scope is not connecting to the UniFi AP, although there is an MXChip login on the UniFi AP as seen in the UniFi Network device but it doesn't stay connected
5. The scope AP can be seen by UniFi Network but no sign of any device connection using the indirect mode settings
6. I have tried closing and relaunching the IDS 1070 iPad app after the scope reboot, as suggested in a document attached to a post on this forum from Jing, to no avail
7. I have tried to do the indirect mode sequence on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 7, to no avail

I must be getting the timing wrong or misinterpreting the reboot sequence or associated timing?

Hopefully somebody has the answer for me?

I look forward to a simple solution

Thanks
Carl

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2022-6-23 06:04:35 | Show the author posts only
Turns out the problem is the Ubiquity UniFi AP. Used an older router and it works!

Hopefully this will help somebody in the future, unless somebody knows a work around on the Unify AP?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-5 08:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.154031 second(s), 20 queries .