MPO6204D - Decoding and Crashing issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-6-10 17:58:17 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by WanaGo at 2022-6-10 18:18

Hello,

I purchased a MPO6204D directly from Hantek about a month ago, and am still getting my head around using it.
I am trying to decode a simple I2C (IIC) signal as a test, and I am not having any luck.
Its a standard 7-bit addressing I2C signal.

I first tried using the LA probes, set SDA to be LA0.0 and SCL to be LA0.1, and then connected the GND reference.
I then go to Trigger Menu, and set the trigger to be IIC, set the SDA and SCL probes, and then try to enable decode, and it simply will not enable. I get an error The Store Depth is unavailable when Conditional Searchor Decoder is Enabled
I have no idea what this means.

I then tried doing the same thing but instead of using the LA probes, I just use CH1 and CH2, but I get the same problem.

Video of using CH1 and CH2:
Cannot Enable Decoding video

I then go to Utilities menu and to Acquire, and it is currently set on AUTO. I change this to 16K, and now I can enable Decode. Why??
Any other setting other than 16K, decode will not enable.

I then try and look at the decoded message, but I cannot get it to simply show the message, most of the HEX boxes are 0 width in size so you cannot see any HEX value shown. How do you control this so I can see what the messages are?
I tried LA probes again, but also had errors about needing to change the time scaling and things like that, of which I did and it made no difference to its decoding ability.

Video of decoding enabled with 16K but how do you possibly read what it decoded?
Decoding Video

The last issue is when I am trying to do these things with triggering on UART and I2C to try and get it to decode, often (4x today already) the scope will lock up, and then it will beep and restart itself - and all my settings are back to defaults again. It is incredibly frustrating.
I am already running the latest Firmware. 2.0.0.2
I took a video of this, when it was locked up. After I finished the video about 20 seconds later, the scope beeped and then it restarted, I did not get that on video sadly.
Video of it crashed:
Crashed Video

Can anyone help with how you set this up to work correctly, to be able to see the I2C messages easily?
Also does anyone have any idea why these things crash so much and the restart itself and reset back to factory defaults. OMG so frustrating!

**Edit**
Here is another video showing the message "Please adjust the time base" - but no matter what you change it to, the message is the same and it wont decode!
Time base video

Thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-24 17:33 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.155886 second(s), 20 queries .