Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

Return to list New
Author: Davidalfa

DSO2000 / DSO2X1X series GPL source code available?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2022-6-16 08:33:42 | Show all posts
I bought a DSO2D15 several months ago and, despite the fact that it seems like a good product in relation to what it costs, the truth is that I have come across so many bugs and small problems that honestly, if I had to buy it now, I would opt for another brand.

I have updated the oscilloscope so many times already almost like my android phone... and every time it is updated new bugs appear, so it seems that this will never end until you stop updating them because it is not profitable for you company compared to the sales achieved, with the consequent rejection by frustrated customers who are very likely to choose other brands when they have to purchase new equipment.

I believe that if you would take the step of opening up the software so that other people with experience, enthusiasm and knowledge could contribute to the development of improvements and correction of problems, I sincerely believe that it would be a win-win for current and future buyers as well as for your future sales, as well as boosting your company's reputation as a free software contributor many points.

I sincerely believe that the DSO2000 series has a huge potential yet to be tapped, but it will take a bigger effort to which a lot of really skilled and enthusiastic people can contribute.

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2022-6-16 23:45:08 | Show all posts
popy5 replied at 2022-6-16 08:33
I bought a DSO2D15 several months ago and, despite the fact that it seems like a good product in rel ...

May I ask what is wrong with your machine.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2022-6-20 19:18:20 | Show all posts
Edited by peppizza at 2022-6-20 19:19

I would also like to see the source code for the firmware of the DSO4xx4C series released as I believe it also uses linux

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2022-6-27 18:18:27 | Show all posts
Hantek, please do the right thing here and provide the source code. It's a win-win situation for all parties here.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2022-7-15 09:13:32 | Show all posts
Jing replied at 2022-6-16 23:45
May I ask what is wrong with your machine.

Dear sir,

In my last contact with Hantek support (on January 17 this year) I submitted a series of problems that I encountered in the operation of the oscilloscope. Of all of them the one that I called problem number 7 persists and to which Hantek support kindly answered me.

Specifically and with respect to problem number 7, I told them the following:

"Issue 7) Trigger does not sync well with sine or ramp waves in vertical scale below 2V/div and with low amplitude signals

- Trigger menu type: Edge.
- I inject the Wave Gen signal into any of the channels. If I set the output of the Wave Gen to square or exponential, the trigger works correctly and the signal trace is stable on the screen. But if I select the sine or ramp wave, the sync is lost many times if the amplitude of the signal is low (<1.5V) and the vertical scale is <2V/div.

I suspect that sometimes the trigger jumps between Rising and Either, but only with the sine or ramp signals. Changing the Slope mode to Rising, Falling or Either does not seem to have any effect on stabilizing the trace signal on the screen.

I've tried modifying the trigger level, but it doesn't solve the problem. Neither modifying the frequency seems to have any effect, only the vertical scale and the signal amplitude.

For example, with the vertical scale at 1V/div, 1Khz sine or ramp signal, 1.6V amplitude, the signal is not stable on the screen. It is enough to change the type of wave to square or exponential without changing anything else, and those signals stabilize without problems."

After performing the entire battery of tests that your support department told me to do, my response was as follows:

"Regarding problem 7, unfortunately it still exists. But only when the signal from the generator that I inject into channel 1 or 2 directly (using only one cable), is the sine or ramp wave type, and Volst/div for this channel is less than or equal to 2V.

If maintaining the amplitude level and the frequency, I change to exponential or square type signals, this problem does not occur even though Vols/Divs are set at 2V or below."

And finally on January 27 I receive the following last response from Hantek support about this problem:

"Dear Sir,
You need to replace the power board to solve this problem, but we are going to have a holiday soon, so this power board will not be sent to you until we go to work after the holiday.

support@hantek.com"

In the meantime I sent them my address, but as of today I still haven't received any response and they haven't sent me the board that needs to be replaced. I hope that the problem will be solved before the end of the year...

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2022-7-15 22:31:31 | Show all posts
Xplizit replied at 2022-6-27 18:18
Hantek, please do the right thing here and provide the source code. It's a win-win situation for all ...

Dear Sir,
Sorry, we don't provide source code?

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2022-7-15 22:33:15 | Show all posts

Dear Sir,
Please send your address and related questions to support@hantek.com again. We will handle it for you.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-11-26 07:29:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Davidalfa at 2022-11-26 07:34

Let me insist.The GPL license started that if you use GPL code, then you must make your code freely available.

You're using GPL code everywhere, not just for the Linux Kernel, not making it available is a GPL license violation.
Please do the right thing and release the source code.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2023-12-15 21:23:44 | Show all posts
Buckle up, fashion enthusiasts! The NFR 2023 Leather Jacket is a wild ride of style. This jacket is for those who want to make a statement without saying a word.
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 03:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.160512 second(s), 18 queries .