Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 6487|Reply: 6

DSO2000 series extracting pendrive correctly

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2022-4-24 18:48:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by morgan_flint at 2022-4-24 18:49

Hello, I have a DSO2D10 which is running satisfactorily on software version 1.0.1.1.0(20210726.00), but I find that every time I unplug the pendrive from the scope and plug it into my PC, Windows complains about problems with the pendrive and asks for repairing it. Once done everything works as expected, but it's somewhat annoying.
I suspect this is due to not properly unmounting the USB drive in the scope before unplugging it (just the same as would happen in Windows if you don't "extract" the pendrive before unplugging it), but I can't find any options in the scope's menus to do it properly.

Am I missing something?

If this is not the case, I think it would be very interesting to add an option, maybe under the "utility" menu, to properly extract the pendrive before unplugging, not only to avoid the annoyance of the windows messages but, more important, to avoid data corruption in the pendrive.

Thank you in advance!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-4-28 07:43:49 | Show all posts
Edited by morgan_flint at 2022-4-28 08:01

Hello again! Is this forum monitored at all by Hantek? I've made several posts with no response from them...
Anyhow, a new suggestion regarding the thread's subject: Instead of creating a submenu for this function, it could be more practical to call the appropriate function (properly ejecting pendrive) by a long press (or maybe double click) to the "save to USB" button.

I'd like to know if Hantek is really interested in this kind of user suggestions, I really think user feedback should be very useful to enhance their products, but I don't see any feedback from them, so maybe I'm just losing my time...

On the other hand, if Hantek would make their source code open source, at least partially, there are a lot of people out there willing to make this kind of enhancements by their own means, adding value (and potential customers) to the product

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-5-22 09:48:45 | Show all posts
Still waiting...

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-9-18 19:26:43 | Show all posts
I opened this thread long time ago without any response from Hantek's staff (yet?).

I think it's important to add this functionality to the next software revision, having to "repair" the USB stick every time it's unplugged from the scope isn't practical neither advisable, and can lead to data corruption.

And I'm not the only user complaining about this

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2022-9-19 11:37:30 | Show all posts
morgan_flint replied at 2022-9-18 19:26
I opened this thread long time ago without any response from Hantek's staff (yet?).

I think it's im ...

Dear Sir,
Please provide a relevant video of your question so that we can better reference.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2022-10-13 01:22:17 | Show all posts
Here is the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmw0fobcgc222mi/DSO2000_PendriveProblem.mp4?dl=0

As I described in the first post, the problem is simply that there is no way to correctly unmount the Pendrive before unplugging it from the scope so, when you plug it in a PC, it complains of errors in the unit and it has to be scanned by Windows to correct them. So I'm suggesting implementing an "unmount USB" function in the scope, either by creating a submenu for this function or (more practical) by calling it by a long press (or maybe double click) to the "save to USB" button

In fact, if I connect to the DSO's Linux (thanks to DavidAlfa USB console mod) and issue the appropriate Linux unmounting commands (for example blkid /dev/sdb), the error won't appear, but this method is not practical as you need to have a PC connected to the scope.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2023-9-22 17:40:39 | Show all posts
morgan_flint replied at 2022-10-13 01:22
Here is the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmw0fobcgc222mi/DSO2000_PendriveProblem.mp4?dl=0

Up!!

After sending the video, no reply...

Still think it would be very interesting to have the option to properly unmount the pendrive before unplugging it from the scope. It shouldn't be that difficult to implement
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 17:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.174225 second(s), 21 queries .