Set data file clock

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2022-3-26 09:47:54 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Customer consultation

I have a DSO2C10 and would like the save to usb files to have the correct time and date. Is it possible to correct the internal clock?

Also, can you please tell me what this file structure means? Here's an example; dso_01_01_00_06_35

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2022-3-26 09:48:14 | Show the author posts only

Machines do not have their own internal time. The name of the saved picture is the default name of the system and has no special meaning. You can change the name yourself.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
Post time 2022-4-2 18:13:49 | Show the author posts only
Edited by morgan_flint at 2022-4-2 18:37

Hello, Jing, in fact, the file name has a meaning, it's related to the time the system has been on: DSO_MM_dd_hh_mm_ss.BMP where MM=month, dd=day, hh=hour, mm=minute, and ss=second.

The system must have an internal clock set at Linux epoch time (01/01/1970 00:00:00) on startup. It would be a good idea to add the possibility to set it up, for example under the "utility" menu. Obviously, as there isn't real-time clock hardware in the DSO, it would reset to epoch time on startup but, if you're going to make several captures, the convenience of having them correctly labeled would compensate for the hassle of entering in the menu after powering it up

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
4#
Post time 2022-4-3 02:45:10 | Show the author posts only
Edited by morgan_flint at 2022-4-5 01:25

Hello again, Jing

After installing Keysight IO Libraries Suite 2022, I decided to investigate if there was a possibility to set time and date with SPCI commands. After some googling I found the command SYSTem:TIME? (not documented in the SCPI manual for DSO2000 series) was working correctly, returning something like 1970;1;1;0;10;48 (depending on the up time). But the usual syntax for setting time like SYSTem:TIME hh,mm,ss didn't work. After a more specific Google search, I found SCPI Remote communication control manual for DSO4000BC, where SYSTem:TIME? was explained on page 78, along with the SYSTem:SET:TIME command.

So I tried this command with the syntax explained there and bingo! the time and date could be set to the present time!
I think this is very convenient as, if you don't set the time/date, it will be more difficult to sort, find or classify the captures in the future, unless you rename them by hand on the fly.

I'm attaching a capture of the Keysight Interactive IO dialogue and another capture of the file browser showing a screen saved to USB with the name correctly showing the present time as well as the file modification date.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-19 20:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.150530 second(s), 21 queries .