Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 4267|Reply: 3

6104BC stopped working

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2021-10-14 06:32:48 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone, i have bought a 6104bc oscilloscope, about a couple of years ago. Recently it stopped working, not recognised by the pc. despite having it for about 2 years i didnt put much hours of work into it, i don't really need it often but when i need it, i need it. i have an analog scope, multimeters etc but a digital oscilloscope is in some cases necessary to do the troubleshooting. Except for this problem i found this oscilloscope to be perfect.
now some more details that may help you, help me.
there is enough power provided to the scope by 2 usb 3.0 ports, or 2 usb 2.0 ports (voltage still reads 5volts on the scopes pcb either way)

the front tht led (red/green) is now always off.
the smd yellow led in the pcb (only visible with the cover off) will turn on for about 2 seconds after powering the scope and then off again.
thanks in advance for any help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2021-10-14 15:27:46 | Show all posts
Please try the method in the following website. If it doesn’t work, please try to update with the attached file when updating the driver.

https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15305&highlight=6104

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-10-14 17:40:55 | Show all posts
thanks for the fast reply, however i tried it on 3 different computers and none of them will recognise it.
tried it with both the old drivers and the new.

i get this on the device manager, regardless of which driver is installed and windows won't accept any of the drivers as valid for this device

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2021-10-14 20:39:46 | Show all posts
Jing replied at 2021-10-14 15:27
Please try the method in the following website. If it doesn’t work, please try to update with the a ...

i suspect it to be a flash U17 issue like a similar problem on the forums:
https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8966
however mine doesnt wake up with hot air, maybe it will if i try actual soldering temperatures but for fear of further damage i didn't go above 100c for couple of seconds.
As for the "yellow" led on-duration it may be 1 second maybe 2 or 3, would that make a difference?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-16 21:05 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.209094 second(s), 23 queries .