Serious bug in firmware of HDG6202B

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2021-2-22 09:59:49 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Customer Consultation

Hello,
I have just bought generator Hantek HDG6202B. The most important functionality to me is arbitrary signal generation defined by user. User manual claims that I can create up to 64MB data to send to generator. The problem is there is no way to send only 4096 samples. No more, no less: exactly 4096. Please take a look at picture p1. When frequency mode is selected in TTSource wave editor, number of samples is set to 4096. This field is greyed, so I can’t type in other values. When this waveform is sent to generator, it will produce this signal properly. But there is no way to send different number of samples. Rest of combination of settings will not working at all. There is a list of bugs:
  • When TTSource is switched to Sample Rate mode (picture p2), and waveform is sent to generator, the waveform will appear on the screen (picture snapshot_hdg) but generator will not trigger. Burst source is set to manual, infinite cycles, button “trigger” is pressed.

• When HWF file is exported from TTSource to pendrive, and next this pendrive is put in to socket in front panel of generator, the optionArb/Type/User/Recall will not load this file. The waveform shape will not appear on the screen. Please verify attached 10000samples.hwf file. The same file saved if frequency mode – will be loaded (but will be cut to 4096 samples).
Conclusion: user mode is completely useless for now. Please fix this problem a.s.a.p. Generator’s firmware need to be fixed, and as well as the limit of 4096 samples in TTsource should be removed.
Regards.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2021-2-22 10:17:20 | Show the author posts only

Please refer to the section "Edition of Arbitrary Waveform" in the help file (Help->Content). In frequency mode, the number of waveform points is fixed at 4096. In sample rate mode, the number of points can be set to 64 to 64M.

In addition, can you see that the waveforms shown in Figure p2 and Figure snapshot_hdg_02_19_21_32_51 are the same? As follow picture.

I also use the waveform data file you share to output, and use the oscilloscope to check the waveform, which is the same as what you draw.

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
Post time 2021-2-23 07:17:39 | Show the author posts only
Edited by mssoft@mssoft.c at 2021-2-23 07:23

Unfortunately I can't recreate this. Uploading (called by you "downloading") transfers waveform to the device properly. The curve is visible on the screen of HDG6202B, but there is no way to trigger it in infinite burst mode.
Moreover, even if the waveform is transferred to the device, when Burst key is pressed, it clears waeveform .

Third problem is loading waveform from USBdrive. In this case waveform is always stright line.  Nothing will be shown on oscilloscope.

x

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
4#
 Author| Post time 2021-2-27 10:19:21 | Show the author posts only
Sorry, I've missed part of what you said.
Arbitrary wave in sampling rate mode can not be modulated, burst or swept.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-20 23:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.159993 second(s), 21 queries .