Warranty issue abput IDSO1070A

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2020-12-18 14:54:04 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode

Customer Consultation

Hi,
I have a Hantek IDS01070A PC-Oscilloscope that I purchased from Amazon.de the 21/1 2020 (see attached document).
Since I bought it, it has always been hard to make it work. I don’t use it so often (maybe ones every 3 month for some minutes) and every time nothing happens when I tries to Power it up. Pressing the Power button for a short or a long time (up to 30 seconds) has no effect, non of the LED’s are lighting up.
Normally I can get it to work again by charging the devise for a couple of hours (should that even be needed after only used it for a 1-2 minutes since last charged 2-3 month ago?). And note that it does not work instantly by just plugging in the charger, I need to let the charger stay in for about one hour before trying to power it up.
Yesterday I tried to start it up again after about 3 month but it was stone dead as usual. I connected the charger and the LED with the “full battery” was glowing for about 30 seconds, then the LED went out again and no LED was glowing anymore. I charged it over the night but now when I tried it, it is still dead. Pressing the Power button shortly or a longer time gives no response, no LED is glowing and it does not send out any WIFI signal.
I also tried to connect the black USB connector to my laptops (USB port with charging capability) and then the laptop reported “Power Surge on the USB port. Unknown USB device need more power than the port can supply”. I got the same result if the red USB connector was connected to the charger or not.
I have tried the dedicated USB charger with another device and it works. A also tried another USB charger with my Hantek and it is still not power up.
So I want to use the warranty to get it repaired or replaced.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2020-12-18 14:55:26 | Show the author posts only

Please disassemble the oscilloscope, remove the battery, and test the battery voltage. If the battery voltage is too low, the battery may be broken.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
Post time 2020-12-18 15:39:04 | Show the author posts only
Hi, But is it OK to disassembly the oscilloscope? Normally the warranty is gone after doing that.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
4#
Post time 2020-12-18 16:30:11 | Show the author posts only
Hi again,

It seems to be the USB cable. I happened to have another equal USB cable. And when using that cable instead it started to charge directly. And then I switched between the two cables: the included cable, no charging. The other cable, charging.

So it seems that the included USB cable has been malfunction since delivery.

And now I'm worried about that the battery has got damaged (low remaining capacity) and need to be replaced after almost a year of drained state.

So can you send me a new battery and a new USB cable?

Per Ljungberg
Bastah?lsv?gen 6
24732 S?dra Sandby
Sweden

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
5#
Post time 2020-12-18 16:32:21 | Show the author posts only
My address got strange (national characters). So here is an adjusted one:

Per Ljungberg
Bastaholsvagen 6
24732 Sodra Sandby
Sweden

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time 2020-12-19 08:29:32 | Show the author posts only
Due to the restrictions of the Chinese customs, we cannot send the batteries abroad separately.
And relative to the value of the goods, the freight is very expensive.
It is recommended that you buy them from eBay or AliExpress.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-26 00:22 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.168431 second(s), 20 queries .