Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 12500|Reply: 6

Hantek DSO5102P Trigger Level Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-9-7 04:59:50 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Mikhail at 2020-9-7 05:09

Hello,

I have just bought a new Hantek DSO5102P oscilloscope. I realized the showed on the screen trigger level in EDGE mode is not equal to the real trigger level.

I can reproduce the issue:
- default setup
- warm-up the oscilloscope (30 min)
- make the self-calibration
- connect the probe tip channel 1 to the PROBE COMP connectors
- make setup as in the picture

The real trigger level in this picture is about 1.00 V, but the showed trigger level is 1.50V.

Additional oscilloscope information:

My questions:
1. Can it be a hardware problem in my oscilloscope?
2. Is it a firmware problem? (maybe the issue has been already fixed in the late versions, but I cannot upgrade the firmware because I will take the oscilloscope back if it is a hardware problem)
3. Maybe I do not understand the issue,and the situation is normal (but it is very uncomfortable for using)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2020-9-8 15:53:41 | Show all posts

I can see the showed trigger level and the real trigger level are the same.

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-9-8 16:04:11 | Show all posts
1.5 V - showed trigger level.

Real trigger level is 1.0 V:

x

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2020-9-12 05:52:44 | Show all posts
В осциллографе Hantek DSO5202BM похожая ситуация при синхронизации по переднему фронту импульса, а вот синхронизация по заднему фронту более-менее нормальная, хотя небольшой сдвиг тоже присутствует.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-9-12 18:05:59 | Show all posts
Oleg10011001 replied at 2020-9-12 05:52
В осциллографе Hantek DSO5202BM похожая ситуация при синхрони ...

I realized that it depends on the vertical position of the channel. The issue can be on a rising and falling edge depend on the vertical position tuning.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2020-9-13 00:33:46 | Show all posts
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2020-9-13 00:41

На моем осциллографе (Hantek DSO5202BM) данная проблема особенно ярко проявляется в режиме синхронизации по восходящему фронту импульса. По мере перемещения осциллограммы по экрану с низу вверх реальная точка срабатывания триггера на осциллограмме смещается от 0 ns до -400 ns:

А вот в режиме синхронизации по нисходящему фронту ошибочное смещение точки срабатывания триггера на осциллограмме, при изменении позиции осциллограммы на экране по вертикали, гораздо меньше, но оно все равно есть:

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2020-10-3 03:05:33 | Show all posts
Somehow somehow this topic died out and it seems that the support service did not understand what the problem raised here is. I will revive the topic and give here another screenshot taken from the oscilloscope screen, in which I clearly showed how the problem manifests itself. Here's this screenshot:

In the screenshot, I have drawn with red lines the location of the trigger on the screen and the trigger trigger level, and put a blue dot on their crosshairs. On the waveform trace, at the trigger point, I put a pink dot. In principle, the point on the oscillogram marked in pink should be in the same place where the blue point is, however, as you can see, they are in different places on the screen and the distance between these points changes when you move the location of the oscillogram from bottom to top on the screen using control element "VERTICAL POSITION".
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 09:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.171728 second(s), 22 queries .