DSO4072c AFG AM modulation frequencies

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2020-4-27 21:05:09 | Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Hi,
I tried to set up an AM on my DSO4072C.
- I pressed the GEN/DSO-Button
- I set Wave with F1/F2-key to AM/FM
- I set Type to AM
- I set Freq to 1000Hz
- I set F0 to 10.00kHz
The rest is a default. In the display the proper signal is displayed. But when I mesuare the signal it does not look right. It semms that modulation frequency and carrier frequency are swapped (this is prooved by the FFT.
When I then set Frequency to 10kHz and F0 to 1kHz the signal looks correct but that is different to the documentation and to the common understanding that F0 is the carrier frequency.
Is it possible, that there is a bug?
Also it is not clear to me when the data is aclnowledged by the scope. sometime you have to change to another field and sometimes a cahnge of value is applied directly. Alos it is not clear to me when the number pad appeares and when the field is only highlighted to be modified by the V0 turn button.

FW is the latest from the homepage:
- [sw] 3.50.0(191123.0)
- [hw] 1020xffffa000

Thanks an best regards
Florian

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2020-4-28 15:38:27 | Show all posts
I agree that it might "only" be a documentation/naming issue. But what really bugs me is that the displayed signal is not what the output is. I set the parameters according to "common" understandig (and the documentation), hope that the values are applied and get a signal displayed that looks correct but the output differs...
Similar issues apply (as you said) to the FM.

Best regards
Florian

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2020-11-4 16:50:54 | Show all posts
Hi pavlenkoa,
no I still have also the same issue and as I am a developer of embedded software and implement DSP software for measuring devices, I don't think it should be that hard to fix THAT problem!
The problem is that the calculation of the FM/AM waveform is in  my opinion- just not done in the correct way. F0 should indicate a carrier which is then modified by the modulation frequency. Not that hard... There are a lot of formulas on the net how to do it.
And also a lot of other hickups like the failing limitation of the values when turning the dials and erratic behavior of the increments when changing values.
And also the problem with the trigger position is in my opinion not fixed...

I did not have time to work a lot with the device in the last months and also got a personal reply about the questions I asked directly to the support in the spring. But I will try to follow up on that a little.

The problem is that this is very tiring and I don't see it as my duty to identify their bugs in a product I paid money for. And if they can't fix it I am open for a new device they can sent me and I will gladly use that as a beta tester and help them make it better but not when paying money for it!

cu
FSC
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-3 02:08 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.159411 second(s), 21 queries .