Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

Return to list New
Author: BeanieBob

DSO5102P Rotary knobs not working

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-9-25 10:15:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Tengo exactamente el mismo problema alguien ha podido resolverlo

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-10-10 17:00:50 | Show all posts
I fixed it. I desoldered all the diodes to the knobs and added them back one by one. It was a faulty trigger level knob. I unsoldered the knob and took it apart. It seemed ok. I put it back and now it is working again.

I wrote this here so If someone else will have the same problem. Unsolder all diodes and put them back one by one and test the knob that have the diodes back. It will stop working and you will know which one is it.  

Threads

Credits

超级版主

Credits
Post time 2020-10-12 09:54:23 | Show all posts
Znida replied at 2020-10-10 17:00
I fixed it. I desoldered all the diodes to the knobs and added them back one by one. It was a faulty ...

Thanks for your share.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-10-19 00:23:33 | Show all posts
Edited by user567121 at 2020-10-20 04:25
Znida replied at 2020-10-10 17:00
I fixed it. I desoldered all the diodes to the knobs and added them back one by one. It was a faulty ...

good to hear that you solved it    

Is it 100% fixed for you now?

I will resolder and investigate mine too. Was it perfectly working after you made one knob (the faulty one) inactive by desoldering its diode and this defective knob was suppressing all the other knobs? You say you did it other way round, you desoldered all diodes and put them back one by one and suddenly all began to fail. right?

And the source of evil was the knob itself you say..? but there was nothing strange with it..

Hope i can trace my error the same way down to a rotary knob. If you had the same faulty behavour  like mine before then i think chances are good. (mine fails most of the time complete on all knobs, buttons also don't work, sometimes out of nothing they work perfect for a couple of seconds or minutes just to fail completely and won't get back to good, or only for a short time - i did a resolder on almost every part and connector and tried to check the keyboard cable etc..no changings, haven't try to investigate signals of the knobs itsef which would be interesting i think (i'm no expert in this, more general electronics) but because measuring the board without another oscilloscope on an open case and a mirror makes you crazy in no time)

hope the best, regards

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2020-11-30 13:52:01 | Show all posts
Edited by amy at 2020-12-5 10:52

It may also be that one knob is faulty, causing other knobs to fail to work.Please remove the cap of the knob to check.
If no problem is found, please disassemble the machine for inspection.
Please cut off the power before disassembling the machine. Take care to avoid touching the power board during the test.

Test whether some of the pins of all knobs are shorted to ground.
If there is a short-circuited pin, it may be that a certain knob is broken.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-12-9 00:10:22 | Show all posts
Edited by user567121 at 2020-12-9 01:45

i removed the tiny diodes from the knobs, after the second knob, the V/DivCh.A-Knob in my case it worked for longer time without errors, so i soldered back all diodes except for the faulty V/Diff(ChA) Knob and it is working good. Now i will dissable the knob and look inside and maybe i will look for a replacement. My rotary encoder is shortend to gnd at one of its three pins (unlike all other encoders on the board)

thanks for your all the help, i will tell if it is fixed complete

Update: fixed - it was the knob (rotary encoder) !
It had a shortcut from its metal body case to one of the three contacts. (THANKS for the info @Amy !)  It was kind of cheap factory production i guess because it is a bit misterious. Inside the knob was everything okay and you can barely see it, but if you open the 4 metal clamps which holds the knob together you maybe see the problem. The main plastic body part has these integrated contacs, they are in risk that the edges of this part with contacs will touch the metal clamps if the housing is closed by bending them over.

So after i have opened the knob i closed it not so tight it was working again.

regards

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2023-9-19 17:07:37 | Show all posts
I see the thread is old, but in case somebody lands here after a search, a similar problem's solution here
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 14:32 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.196393 second(s), 19 queries .