Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 10867|Reply: 5

DSO5202P frimware upgrade issue - self-solved

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-3-29 01:43:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello!
Just to inform the community about possible solution for '0xfe No upgrade files detected' issue.
The initial state is
  Model: DSO5202P
  SW Version: 3.40.0 (180120.0)
  HW Version: 1010xffff8108
Firmware update file:
  dso5kp_func_dso5202p20191024.up

Steps tried:
- SAMSUNG Pleomax 1G USB flash-dongle, FAT32, single update file placed in the root folder, as described here (thanks to Amy). Presence of the drive is detected (message at the bottom and icon at the top are visible), but no firmware update file found;
- Transcend TS-RDF8K reader with 32GB SDXC card, FAT32 formatted. No external drive detected, possibly, due to '32GB restriction' (in Amy post);
- Transcend TS-RDF8K reader with 32GB SDXC card, 16GB partitioned, FAT32 formatted. Presence of the drive is detected, but no firmware update file found, possibly, due to multiple 'fake' USB-devices produced from MicroSD/CF/SDHC/MemoryStick interfaces;
- OnyxBoox T76ML e-ink reader with 16GB internal storage in USB mass-storage emulation mode, single update file placed in the root folder. No external drive detected;
- Garmin GPSMAP 78S with 16GB internal storage in USB mass-storage emulation mode, single update file placed in the root folder. No external drive detected;

Solution found:
- Completely re-zeroed the SAMSUNG Pleomax 1G USB flash-dongle;
- Created the primary partition on it, using Windows Disk Management (Win10x64);
- Formatted the partition with FAT32, using Windows Disk Management;
- Placed the file into root folder;
Firmware update was successfull, the self-calibration after reboot was successfull. Cheers!

Still, unclear, does the DSO support 32GB storage. Amy said 'less than 32GB', is that actual? If the 24GB (or 31GB) storage will be made - will it work? Could it be the translation mistake, and the actual restriction is 'up to 32GB, including 32GB as well'?

By the way, I'm suspecting the '3.40.0' software might reference the internal Linux, and, is subject for upgrade/re-load as well (in the case of internal storage failure, for example)...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2020-5-1 15:57:12 | Show all posts

I have the same problem.
DSO5202P
Firmware update failed error 0xfe
No upgrade files detected on USB device

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2020-5-25 14:04:49 | Show all posts

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2021-3-24 02:10:05 | Show all posts
Hi
I got a birthday  present from my friend and I noticed an old version of firmware. how to know is all ok with this new one even is old frimware?
Can I update it with the latest  one?

This is a brand new oscilloscope.. but i have a question. basically is a 6 old model, and still firmware update in 2021 you tell me what is new?  

Thank You in advance
Best REgards

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2021-3-27 06:21:43 | Show all posts
Hi Sir  
see video link below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j0txBI_Zm0

"Hi, I tested with the last firmware from 2021-02-25, the bugs #2 and #5 remain unchanged. For me the most puzzling one is the bug #2 where you lose all the channel measures if for any reason you disable the respective channel and then you need re redo all again. In general yours ( Chinese ) scopes don't care a lot about ergonomics, it's more about features. UNI-T is another  brand and like in this video, https://youtu.be/ywewix7DlpI?t=1501, it show up little concern about ergonomics, easy usage and reading. So, bottom line, yours Hantek is limited when it comes to easily show measurements, in some instances you need to press AUTO SET in order to get useful measurements, like Vpp and Vmrs.
"
The Question is.. when you fix bugs and make  more great improvements?
Thank you in advance
Best Regards

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2021-4-5 22:44:49 | Show all posts

My friend, I had the same problem and decided to change the pendrive, put a different brand that is certainly the problem. Follow a link in Spanish explaining well what I said above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLTHLb961Q
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-19 01:56 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.213015 second(s), 21 queries .