Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 9885|Reply: 7

Why does pressing the “AUTO SET” button change the oscilloscope settings?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2019-11-30 04:25:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2019-11-30 04:43

For example, I want to measure the level of ripple at the output of a switching power supply. I turn on the closed input mode on the desired channel of the oscilloscope to see only the variable component of the signal and press the "AUTO SET" button in the hope that after performing this function, the oscilloscope will show the voltage ripple waveform on the screen so that you can see their shape, frequency and estimate the amplitude . That is, I expect that the "AUTO SET" function will work in the conditions set by me, and not the way she wants. However, suddenly everything happens wrong and I get something completely different and all because the function of the "AUTO SET" button spontaneously switches the desired channel to open input mode and only then tries to tune in to the signal. I think this is the erroneous behavior of the oscilloscope. I also add that if you set the afterglow mode of the waveform on the screen to any value other than "Auto", then after pressing the "AUTO SET" button, the afterglow mode will spontaneously switch to "Auto" mode. I think this is the erroneous behavior of the oscilloscope. I believe that when the "AUTO SET" functions are running, only the vertical and horizontal scan, as well as the trigger settings and its level of operation, can change. This function should not change other settings.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2019-12-12 15:15:06 | Show all posts
I think the oscilloscope AUTOSET function may be more aimed at unknown signals and display real signals. All waveforms need to be included in the screen. Users adjust according to their needs.
In addition, the ratio of the power ripple to its own voltage is too small. The oscilloscope should judge that the signal is DC, and can not more accurately judge the ripple signal.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-13 23:55:50 | Show all posts
In addition, the ratio of the power ripple to its own voltage is too small. The oscilloscope should judge that the signal is DC, and can not more accurately judge the ripple signal.

This is true only for open input mode or if the oscilloscope arbitrarily turns on open input mode. If the oscilloscope worked within the limits explicitly specified by the user, for example, determining the waveform of the signal received in the closed input mode, then it would just show the form of voltage ripples. I just want to say that the "Auto" function should work within the user-defined settings. If the user has indicated that he is interested in the waveform of the signal coming in in the closed input mode, that is, the variable component of the signal, then the oscilloscope should show just that, and not engage in amateur activity by changing the oscilloscope settings.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-12-16 06:24:41 | Show all posts
It would be interesting: the first press of the button is Auto Lite, the second is Full Auto

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-17 01:22:40 | Show all posts
loole
A much more correct way: the Auto button option (Lite or Full) is specified in the oscilloscope settings.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-12-18 02:38:07 | Show all posts
Да это уже технические нюансы, мой вариант проще в реализации, главное - они это никогда не сделают.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-12-18 12:34:06 | Show all posts
А может быть сделают. если их попросить?

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-19 20:27:40 | Show all posts
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2019-12-19 20:33

Поживем - увидим! Может быть и сделают, если это не будет менять изначальную функциональность осциллографа. Пищалку на срабатывание триггера в режиме Normal мы просили - ее сделали. Удобная штука получилась. Может быть и функционал кнопки "Auto" дополнят; мой вариант реализации позволит по умолчанию оставить первоначальную функциональность, а тем кому нужно смогут через настройки изменить ее работу. Вообще, реально странно получается, что какая-то функция реботает не впределах заданных юзером настроек, а меняет все настройки под себя и лишь затем начинает работать...

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-19 05:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.168345 second(s), 21 queries .