Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 10730|Reply: 3

Hantek 6254BD review

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-11-15 00:34:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have been using this 'scope now for about 6 months and while I am satisfied that I got a good value for my money, it does have several deficiencies.  

First, it really does take about 20 minutes after connection to the PC for the calibration to quit drifting.  Measurements taken before that time can be off by several hundred millivolts. OK, I can live with that.

Second, if you try to measure a voltage that would make the displayed waveform go "offscreen", you will not get a valid voltage reading.  Just try measuring a 5 volt source when you have the voltage scale set at 1V/div and the trace centered.  It will only read about 3.95 volts.  It took me some time to realize this, so I post it as a warning to others.  OK, but I can live with that now that I know how it behaves.

Third, the input signal does tend to look noisy, but I think that is because an analog scope would simply not display all the noise.  

Most frustrating is that after it has been powered on for about 30 minutes, the program tends to freeze up and has to be quit and reloaded and of course that requires entering all your settings again.  If you try to run the calibration when it has frozen up, it will either not run at all or give you some error message about a "time error".  This is probably the greatest deficiency.  I wish Hantek would provide decent device drivers for Windows7Pro64, but they are hard to find.  

I purchased the 'scope with the optional waveform function generator and that has been a tremendous boon to me and has saved me from buying another function generator. This was an excellent value for the money.  

All in all, I would purchase it again, but I do wish that I had known about these behaviors before I wasted my time on measurements that were meaningless and on a program that freezes up.  I do wish that Hantek would make their software drivers easier to find and fix these deficiencies.  

Hope this helps others.

vern

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-11-17 10:56:44 | Show all posts
Vern, just picked up this scope well the 6254BE (not sure what the differences are perhaps just cables that it ships with). What version of the Hantek software are you using? The cd that came with mine has a corrupt install file so I ended up searching the hantek main site and ended up with software version 20160628 which seems really old. Prior to this I had a hantek 1008C and the software was the new version which has no manual spin knobs on the right hand side.

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2019-11-20 14:56:36 | Show all posts
Hantek website continuously update the relevent software,please give continuous concern.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2019-11-20 16:52:18 | Show all posts
Dear Sir,

Please download the driver at the following website:
https://fil.email/fW4LyXVK

Please download as soon as possible, the link is valid for 7 days

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 15:51 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.159695 second(s), 21 queries .