Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 7257|Reply: 2

DSO4204B connecting to software issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-9-11 22:05:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi
I have the DSO4204B digital oscilloscope. I have an issue connecting on my main computer whereas it will connect on my laptop.
I've installed the keysight technologies drivers etc, and the DSO4000BC software. This works fine on my laptop windows 10, but not on my desktop windows 10.
Admittedly I have a lot on my desktop and use usb ports galore, but only the single use on the laptop.

The software is OK except for connection on my desktop. It won't connect to the Oscilloscope.
The oscilloscope is shown in the device manager as having no problems and working properly.

When I plug in the oscilloscop on the laptop and open the software it instantly connects
When I do the same on the desktop it does nothing other than open up the software without connecting.
Trying to connect stated the device is not connected when I connect to USB even though it is shown in the device manager as connected properly and working.

Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2019-9-12 10:03:32 | Show all posts
Please give me a screenshot of the device manager.
Click the IO icon on the right side of the taskbar to open the Keysight Connection Expert and check whether the scope is found in the list.
And give me a screen Keysight Connection Expert window.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2019-9-15 23:05:45 | Show all posts
Do you have any other VISA libraries installed in the same computer? I had a similar problem some time ago with a different device, the cause was conflicting versions of VISA drivers installed (I have Keysight's and NI's). I managed to solve the issue restoring the installation of the libraries.

Try this:
In the "Control Panel" open "Uninstall a Program" find the Keysight IO Libraries on the list e then click in "Change". The installer will show three options, select "Restore".
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 12:59 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.159737 second(s), 21 queries .