Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 7016|Reply: 4

DSO4202C Equivalent Sampling

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-7-2 14:58:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, does anyone know how to use equivalent sampling on Hantek scopes, particularly on DSO4202C?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-7-4 00:27:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
In other words, I think eqi time on my oscilloscope doesn't work properly, I turn it on in the acquisition menu and nothing happens. Please help.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-7-4 14:51:10 | Show all posts
Hi Vitaly

Why do you thing that this scope has equivalent sampling mode?
Acc. to user manual are only real modes.

For bandwidth 100 MHz you have 1 Gs/s and 10 samples for period. Should be enough for present waveform correctly (more or less).
If you will have bandwidth 350 MHz and 100 Ms/s definitely you will need equivalent sampling for correctly presenting waveform.

Any way there is no information in user manual about different mode than real time. Do you have different?

I'm user of DSO4254C and would be nice to have equivalent sampling especially in 4 channel mode because then sample rate is reduced to 250 Ms/s and bandwidth is 250 MHz.

BR
T.

I'm ISTQB - Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager, ISTQB - Certified Test ...

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-7-4 15:39:11 | Show all posts
Hi TMG, thanks for the reply
My scope has BW of 200 MHz, and equivalent sampling is still needed sometimes when you have to look at the periodic signal way over your BW and don't really care about its attenuation, more about the general waveform and/or the frequency, such as in my case.
Considering the manual, it seems that you have newer 4000B series, in which they (deliberately?) haven't added this feature, but official manual for DSO4000C series from their site explicitly states that the scope can provide equivalent sampling rate of up to 25 GSa/s, you can download it here http://hantek.com/down.aspx?url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hantek.com%2fProduct%2fDSO4000C%2fDSO4000C_Manual.pdf. See pages 7, 37, 38. Also check out screenshots from my Acquisition menu, it has Eqi-time mode option, and it would be a bit strange if they've juct added that for no reason

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-7-10 03:28:59 | Show all posts
Hi Vitaly

It seems that our oscilloscopes are much more different than I thought. For my scope better fits user manual marked as DSO4000 B series however inside title is DSO4000BC series. Little strange naming convention.
Also SW version is missing on web page. You never know if newest is available. This should be improved.

I think is not added without reason but something went wrong and is bug in software. So it is not working as expected. I hope they fix it.
I'm ISTQB - Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager, ISTQB - Certified Test ...
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 20:14 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.174902 second(s), 22 queries .