6074BC power up problems.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2019-3-27 04:03:23 | Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by SpongeDon at 2019-3-27 05:28

Help,

I purchased a 6074BC, Loaded the Software and Driver on to my laptop.  I then plugged in both USB(type A) into my laptop.  The scope was showing only noise so I hooked up a probe to Ch1 and clipped onto the Cal output. A nice square wave resulted, and no problems to this point.  Today I set up the scope to use it and can't seem to get it to work.  I also noticed that the power led on the front panel of the scope wasn't lit today.  It doesn't matter what sequence of hookups of the scope to the laptop, I never get the front led indication and no waveforms.  I tried the whole procedure again on another laptop and I get the same failure(problem).  Is there some kind of reset for the unit or procedure?  The CH1-4 inputs have only been attached or probed the cal output of the unit at this point, so an overvoltage isn't possible.  Both laptops show that A 6000 series is attached to the USB port.  A little background, I'm a EE and Sr. Software Engineer with 30+ years experience, I'm not blowing my own horn, I'm trying to relay that you might not have to hold my hand t. Any ideas, or fixes? I've spent a good 5 hours on this problem. Thank you in advance, Don

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Close

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-27 11:26:43 | Show all posts
amy replied at 2019-3-27 10:42
At first, you need connect the red and black connectors of USB cable to your computer.
When you conn ...

Hi Amy, thank you so much for your help. Yes, the cables were attached to the USB ports of the laptop I set the software up on.  The original install and a second laptop I tried it on also. The Device Manager showed Hantek 6000B.  The odd part is that it worked great when I first set it up, and the laptop wasn't used again until I went to bring it up again.  Just to double check the power of the two USB connectors, I used a self-powered USB 2 HUB as the last test.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-28 15:37:39 | Show all posts
amy replied at 2019-3-28 09:09
So now the software and oscilloscope are still not connected success?
When you open the software, is ...

Hi Amy, I went through the procedure you requested and then reloaded the driver. I'm getting the same symptoms as before.  Let me explain in steps:

1. with DSO plugged into USB ports. I start scope.exe --> and I get no result on screen except if I open Task Manager I see scope.exe*32 is running.
2. IF I unplug the DSO USB ports, the scope program comes up on screen. Bottom left says' "Searching Device"
3. If I then plug back in the DSO USB ports, The program doesn't change state. Bottom left says' "Searching Device"
4. IF I go FILE->Connect, The program closes and in task manager I see no scope.exe*32 running.

The LED by channel 1 is never on.  I looked inside the plug of the DSO where it says USBX1 and I see a little light on when the USB is plugged in.

The driver has been reinstalled on two different machines.  Each time the Software says "Searching device.  Also, I pulled off the rubber plug that says USBX1 and I can see a light inside that is on.  

Where do I go from here? I need the scope up and operational now.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
4#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-28 16:42:51 | Show all posts
Edited by SpongeDon at 2019-3-29 04:33

Ok, I tried hooking up a USB 5v@2A adaptor and saw no change to the previous steps.
SW version info: Hantek-6000 Ver2.1.36 - [Scope1]
About Scope window reported
Software Version: 20160628
Driver  Version: 01007402
FPGA Version 0
PCB Version:
Product SN:

It's still failing, what do I do now?

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time 2019-3-30 09:42:39 | Show all posts
Edited by SpongeDon at 2019-3-30 09:52

All were normal except TP12, it measured 0.00 or technically 0.07VDC.
file:///C:\Users\dlmeyers\Pictures\Inked1_LI.jpg

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time 2019-4-1 21:32:32 | Show all posts
Hi Amy, I have no problem replacing the components.  I need you to verify the model number for the chips because I can't source them. I can, however, source LM3671MFX-ADJ/NOPB,SOT-5 which seems to be the correct part number.  On the board in your picture U19 and U907 are both 5-pin chips, and on physical board, the two devices are also 5-pin.  Whereas SOFT23-6 is a 6-pin package.  According to TI's datasheet, they do make a SOT-6 but Mouser Electronics and Digikey don't carry it.

Mouser Part #926-LM3671MFXADJNOPB
Digikey Part #296-37575-1-ND

Thank you, Don

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2019-4-2 20:39:36 | Show all posts
ok, picture attached. I also sent you a close up of the devices. notice the center pins are missing. Oh, and u19 doesn't look pretty anymore.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
8#
 Author| Post time 2019-4-3 21:06:58 | Show all posts
Hi Amy, I'm still waiting for your response.  Is there any way we can please complete this in a timely manner?

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
9#
 Author| Post time 2019-4-6 03:17:49 | Show all posts
Hi OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1,
Thank you for jumping in. It looks like you came to the same conclusions as I did, I just wanted support to double check.  I really can't believe I'm going to have to fix a brand new piece of equipment.  Does everyone have problems with this company?  They don't respond to emails, PM's or anything, the phone number they give doesn't work for me.  I honestly can't figure out how they stay in business, personally, I'll avoid their equipment and recommend the same to others.  I wish I had a schematic of the circuits in that area before I repair the board just to double check things.  Anyway, thanks again and take care.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-3 02:20 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.157378 second(s), 21 queries .