Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 7983|Reply: 1

6074BD - Save Data

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-3-10 02:29:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by gf1 at 2019-3-10 02:31

Dear Support,

by invoking File -> Save Data I can save the captured data to a file.

• The data file does not contain a field describing the sampling rate of the data in the file, so it is always try and error to find out. Time/div is stored, but when I evaluate the saved data with own software, the I don't care about time/div at all, but what I really need to know is the sampling rate. Could you please add the sampling rate field to the data file?
  • The sampling rate of the data stored in the file is obviously not always the same as the actual sampling rate displayed in the status bar of the window (bottom right). Depending on the time base setting, I recognized sampling rates of 1.25GSPS, 2.5GSPS and even more for the data in the file, although the device is limited to 1 GSPS. I conclude that data must have been upsampled before storing them to the file. I don't seen any benefit from saving upsampled data, since they do not contain any additional information (compared to the raw data captured at 1 GSPS). In fact there is even some information loss, because storing 64k samples after upsampling to say 5MSPS implies that only 12.8k samples of the 1GSPS raw data are included. I would expect that the data are always stored at the actual ADC sampling rate.
  • This is related to (2). I was not able to find a timebase which which leads to data being saved at the native sampling rate of 1GSPS. 500ns/div samples at only 500MSPS, while 200ns/div samples at 1GSPS, but obviously saves these data upsampled to 1.25GSPS.

gf1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-3-11 08:51:15 | Show all posts
Hantek will reply in 24 hours
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 17:24 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.159052 second(s), 21 queries .