Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 8456|Reply: 4

2D72 charges very slowly

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-1-6 09:21:36 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by ttt at 2019-1-6 09:23

My 2D72 charges very slowly. It took entire day to go from fully drained battery (was shipped this way) to 2 bars.

It only consumes 90 mA from USB when powered off, but charging, which is obviously too low.

Is this just my device, or is this all of tehm?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-1-6 12:42:24 | Show all posts
Seems the problem only with yours device.
My 2C42 consumes more then 800mA when charging.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-1-6 15:32:42 | Show all posts
Well, that sucks.

After some playing around with batteries, I've got a dead unit. Some quick troubleshooting lead to dead H&M Semi HM4052. It is a battery charger/switch power supply that is used to supply the rest of the system.

Interestingly, this IC was clearly reworked on my device, there are signs of flux all over the place (which may have been the source of poor charging).

The IC seems to be unobtainable.

So now I can transform this unit to USB-only by bypassing this IC and dropping the input voltage to 3.8 V (normal output of HM4052). Or diode-switch USB and battery voltages and skip battery charging.

Both options kind of suck.

I need to sleep on it. If anyone knows the source for HM4052, I'd be glad to hear.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-11-5 18:21:09 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My 2000 series died and found that the charge chip blew, I think I connected it to a fast charger. Anyway I found an exact equivalent chip :ETA6002. Available on Ali express If you can't find it and are in the UK I will be happy to supply one. I would recommend low melt temperature solder paste as this chip has a heat sink pad under the chip. Also hot air soldering Station and good soldering skills. Mine is back to life fully functional.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-12-4 09:40:35 | Show all posts
Edited by jGecko at 2019-12-7 07:40

Answer found: see below.

This is charging related so I'll try here first...I also don't know if using UNprotected lithium cells may result in similar slow-charging symptoms. I've seen some battery protection circuits interact with and result in some odd symptoms depending on the charging circuitry design.

QUESTION:
Does the 2D72 design safely recharge UNprotected 18650 lithium ion cells like:
"Samsung INR18650-33G" or "Panasonic NCR18650BM Li-ion MH12210" ?

I just purchased the scope, and noticed the lithium cells that ship with it are button-top PROTECTED type.

I know the scope provides a warning when cell voltage is low (power button lights-up Red), but other than that I can't find ANY information in the manuals, various online fora, etc on battery management and whether I can safetly charge UNprotected 18650 cells in this scope.

edit to enter answer...

ANSWER:
My 2D72 arrived faster than expected and I found out that the lithium cells in the unit are NOT the protected type cells. So, to answer my own question the 2000 series apparently provides regulated charging appropriate for NON-protected lithium cells.
Thus, I'm able to swap out the provided "2600mAh" cells (no brand, but actually 2700mAh performers) for my Panasonic NCR186t50BM "3200mAh" cells which actually provide about 3000mAh. So I gain ABOUT an extra 10% use per charge. This also shows Hantek provided VERY high quality cells with their product. I rarely see lithium cells that actually meet or exceed their claimed energy capacity.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-28 18:54 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.157011 second(s), 21 queries .