Electronic Engineer Discuss

Author: AxGxP
Print Prev. thread Next thread

Hantek2000 bugs and wishes (2c42,2d42,2c72,2d72)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
1#
Post time 2019-8-1 20:51:05 | Show all posts
Dear Amy,

It is very good that you still improving the firmware of the oscilloscope. For me, there are three things that I miss for my daily work:

1. FFT in one of the channels on the scope screen. I know that it can be done on the PC, but would be good to have it on the oscilloscope screen as well.
2. An SDK with a DLL like you have for some oscilloscopes to integrate it with LabVIEW for instance. I think that your PC software already uses a DLL to communicate to the scope, it is just necessary to document the functions that can be accessed by a user program.
3. A small data logger for the DMM. A feature to record a few points in specified interval time, like minutes, and make a small graph on the screen. When I bought this oscilloscope I looked to the manual (v.1.4) and on the page 4, in the front panel section, there is a picture with the scope in what looks like a data logger that I wish, I bought the scope but I cannot find this function.

Please, let me know what can be done in future revisions of the firmware.

Best regards,

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
Post time 2019-8-3 06:37:39 | Show all posts
I totally agree with you OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1,

On top of the list of wishes:

- open the communication for the user to develop own software.

I really think that this can be done. The PC software comes with some DLL that the oscilloscope probably uses for communication, and this oscilloscope probably has some similarities with the USB oscilloscopes line that comes with SDK. I think that they don't really need to open the code, they just need to document how to use the DLL.
If we have access to it we could develop custom programs to make better data logger, FFT, etc... Hantek could use it in their favor as we would develop it for free, and I would share my code if someone is interested. Everybody wins, Hantek wins because we help them to develop the software, the user wins because we can adapt to our needs, the community wins because we could share the codes. This would be a big selling point of this oscilloscope for future buyers.

I also agree with:

- Hiding the menu
- Add more options to the measurements

About the FFT, I just like to have a quick look in some frequency components of my signal sometimes (even if it is very small), nothing complex, a rough curve would be ok for me. Of course, if I want to go deeper I have to look for a spectrum analyzer instead.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-3 14:02 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.228840 second(s), 20 queries .