Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

Author: AxGxP

Hantek2000 bugs and wishes (2c42,2d42,2c72,2d72)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-7-10 04:15:35 | Show all posts
Edited by AxGxP at 2019-7-10 04:17
amy replied at 2019-7-9 13:55
Sorry, we do not plan to add.

Please answer, will you modify what I asked?
Menu hide on second press.
Exchange up-down in time-base setting.
Exchange left-right in voltage-base setting.

Do you perform some work about this device, or it is a final releace?

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-8-1 20:51:05 | Show all posts
Dear Amy,

It is very good that you still improving the firmware of the oscilloscope. For me, there are three things that I miss for my daily work:

1. FFT in one of the channels on the scope screen. I know that it can be done on the PC, but would be good to have it on the oscilloscope screen as well.
2. An SDK with a DLL like you have for some oscilloscopes to integrate it with LabVIEW for instance. I think that your PC software already uses a DLL to communicate to the scope, it is just necessary to document the functions that can be accessed by a user program.
3. A small data logger for the DMM. A feature to record a few points in specified interval time, like minutes, and make a small graph on the screen. When I bought this oscilloscope I looked to the manual (v.1.4) and on the page 4, in the front panel section, there is a picture with the scope in what looks like a data logger that I wish, I bought the scope but I cannot find this function.

Please, let me know what can be done in future revisions of the firmware.

Best regards,

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Post time 2019-8-2 00:43:36 | Show all posts
Edited by OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 at 2019-8-3 08:52

I also would like to add a vote to weight in favor of some improvements to this device, specially:

- Hide menu on second press of button [Menu]
- I agree that it is more intuitive and make more sense to use Up-Down keys to change volts/div settings and left-right to change the time base, but then you would have to use other combination of buttons to move the trace level or the vertical trigger on the screen, so I understand the choises made by Hantek.
- Add a few more options to the "measure" menu, at least the ability to get RMS and peak-to-peak values.
- FFT could be useful, but I don't think the hardware is capable of handle the calculations in a way to make it usable, so I wouldn't bother. The PC software is also buggy and sluggish, so if you really need FFT it's better look else where.
- The PC software can log the multimeter data, but it is very basic and you can't chose time interval nor stop the capture (software bug)

- And my main request: please, please, please open source the software or at least release the comunication protocol documentation so people can improve the PC software or write an alternative.The software provided is very limited, what is a shame since the hardware is not bad (for its price range) and this device could be a lot more interesting with a better software support.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-8-3 06:37:39 | Show all posts
I totally agree with you OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1,

On top of the list of wishes:

- open the communication for the user to develop own software.

I really think that this can be done. The PC software comes with some DLL that the oscilloscope probably uses for communication, and this oscilloscope probably has some similarities with the USB oscilloscopes line that comes with SDK. I think that they don't really need to open the code, they just need to document how to use the DLL.
If we have access to it we could develop custom programs to make better data logger, FFT, etc... Hantek could use it in their favor as we would develop it for free, and I would share my code if someone is interested. Everybody wins, Hantek wins because we help them to develop the software, the user wins because we can adapt to our needs, the community wins because we could share the codes. This would be a big selling point of this oscilloscope for future buyers.

I also agree with:

- Hiding the menu
- Add more options to the measurements

About the FFT, I just like to have a quick look in some frequency components of my signal sometimes (even if it is very small), nothing complex, a rough curve would be ok for me. Of course, if I want to go deeper I have to look for a spectrum analyzer instead.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-8-11 22:50:14 | Show all posts
Thanks to all the developers who created such a good and portable oscilloscope! I bought it recently. I disassembled it, and was delighted with the circuitry! I use and rejoice. I look forward to your continued software support. If anything is needed, I am ready to redo the circuit, install the cd card, wi-fi module, or any other components, write to the firmware controller and test the performance. I am a radio mechanic engineer by profession, I have been working for 17 years. A little knowledge is available.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-11-7 15:07:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Can you please show me how to set manual ranges in the DMM. If this function is not there can we request that this is implemented in the next release as this function is not only important, it is standard with all auto ranging Multimeters I have ever worked with.

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2019-11-13 10:12:33 | Show all posts
Sorry, the range is automatically switched.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-11-15 04:47:14 | Show all posts
OASJ2YSeeEhBQo1 replied at 2019-8-2 00:43
I also would like to add a vote to weight in favor of some improvements to this device, specially:

You didn't understand me about Up-Down keys.
I am speaking not about changing UpDown to LeftRight.
I am about exchanging Left and Right in voltage mode.
Also exchanging Up and Down in time mode.

In all normal oscilloscopes V/div and T/div are inverted for more intuitive using, but in this in not!

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2019-11-16 22:54:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
1937 replied at 2019-3-31 07:14
Hello!
It would be very cool if you will add software support for TF-card and ESP-12 (ESP8266) Wi-F ...

Я полностью согласен, это увиличет и скорость работы на компьютере, а также можно подключать к мобильным устройствам.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-11-17 09:16:18 | Show all posts
8505482@mail.ru replied at 2019-11-16 22:54
Я полностью согласен, это увиличет и скорость работы  ...

Я не думаю, что это станет возможным, особенно не в ближайшей перспективе. Судя по глюкам и ошибкам в прошивках за последние пол года, им уже катастрофически не хватает оперативы, динамические массивы налазят друг на друга... Тут нужно сначала оптимизировать и исправить то, что уже есть... Но похоже им впадло этим заниматься. Может причина в том, что они хотели запихнуть туда всего и побольше, а в итоге ничего толком не работает... Вот нафиг там этот глюкавый мультиметр нужен? А с компом соединение для чего, если даже нет возможности передать сохраненную осциллограмму? Гальванической развязки с USB то нет! А вообще, с таким подходом надо было ставить не STM32F103, а STM32407, тогда может уже можно было релиз рабочий выпустить. Повышенная производительность и увеличение памяти в некоторой степени компенсирует рукожопость программистов.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-18 21:49 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.164580 second(s), 19 queries .