Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: Hantek DSO5202P Buttons/Knobs stopped working [Print this page]

Author: mk159    Time: 2018-6-9 10:01
Title: Hantek DSO5202P Buttons/Knobs stopped working
Hi,

I have had a Hantek DSO5202P Oscilloscope for about a year, and the buttons and knobs have just stopped working, i.e. they are not responding when you use them.  Other than that the unit seems to work and is displaying wave forms on the screen, you just can't do anything else than the default setup.

I was working fine and I was using it, then it came up with a message on the screen wanting to do a probe check, and I couldn't do anything to make the popup go away.  So I turned it off and back on, and it worked for a minute or so, then the buttons stopped responding again and it hasn't come back.  Now sometimes when you are pressing buttons and turning knobs, it will react to some input, but it a different input to what you are doing.  I.e. you will be pressing Autoset and its like the Measure button is pressed.  But more often than anything nothing happens when you press something.

I have seen instructions on the internet for updating the firmware on the unit, do I need to do this to fix it?  Or can I just replace a component inside the unit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin

Author: mk159    Time: 2018-6-10 19:40
Just an update, after having the unit switched off since yesterday, I just tried it, and it seems to be working now.  Maybe I will try just updating the firmware.

Author: amy    Time: 2018-7-2 10:29
mk159 replied at 2018-6-10 19:40
Just an update, after having the unit switched off since yesterday, I just tried it, and it seems to ...

Sir, sorry to reply you so late.
Please disassemble the scope and check the keyboard line.
Pull out the line and reinsert。
Check whether the problem will disappear.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2