Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: Hantek DSO5202BM: The problem with using cursors Track mode. [Print this page]

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-6 07:30
Title: Hantek DSO5202BM: The problem with using cursors Track mode.
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-6 08:16

Detected abnormal work cursor in Track mode when the oscilloscope is working with two windows. Firstly, a pair of voltage measuring cursors are always absent in the upper window, regardless of which of the window is active. I think that all four cursor must be present in both windows (when possible) ... Second, a pair of cursors measure voltage is present in the lower window does not work correctly when the lower window is active; they do not follow the curve of the signal, and sometimes one of the cursor may disappear from the window. In addition, the partition between the two windows, which indicates the setting of the lower window is sometimes packed with graphic debris; probably its normal contents are not always drawn in time.

For exemple:

P.S: Sorry my bad english.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-6 10:17

Dir sir,
Please cilck "Utility->System information" and give us a screenshot to study.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-6 18:17
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-6 20:29

After closing Sys Status window occurs damage information in the separator between the windows:

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-6 18:32
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-6 20:29

Incidentally, System Information window somehow disappears from the screen when you connect the flash drive, as well as by pressing the "SAVE TO USB" button. Thus there is a corruption of the information in the separator between the windows:

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-6 21:41
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-6 21:45

I also drew attention to the fact that in the upper window is not a channel marker.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-8 06:12
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-8 13:56

It turns out that the problem with cursors work in Track mode occurs when the oscilloscope and works with only one window. For example, catching a desired waveform immediately after that I normally use cursors in Track mode:

Everything is fine. However, if I slightly change the scan time and begin to cause problems in the cursor  in Track mode:

The problem only arises if I caught the desired waveform capture of oscillograms stop further and continue to work with the waveform stored in the memory, stretching to see fine details. If I do not stop the capture of oscillograms, this problem does not occur (when only one window).

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-15 10:13
Oleg10011001 replied at 2016-7-8 06:12
It turns out that the problem with cursors work in Track mode occurs when the oscilloscope and works ...

Dear sir,
We had send the latest firmware to your email.
Please check.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-15 14:12
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-15 14:28

Well, after a firmware update, I see that the problem with cursors work in Track mode - almost solved (99%). There was a small cosmetic flaw: immediately after switching to Track mode, a pair of cursors, the measured voltage is not attached to the waveform and exhibited visible on the last stored position or just the bottom of the screen. However, it is worth a little move the cursor one measure the time and the position of the cursor associated with it measures the voltage is normalized and it is attached to the signal curve. I would like to measure the voltage cursors automatically be attached to the waveform immediately after switching to Track mode. This betrays a complete form Track mode. Now it does not look complete... Next, let's see what else was at work fixes the oscilloscope mode with two windows. I see that more damage does not occur in the separator between the windows when I close the window SysStatus and SistemInformation usual way. However, I have already said that there is a sudden disappearance from SistemInformation (and SysStatus) window screen when I connect the oscilloscope to a flash drive or click "SAVE TO USB" button. Obviously, this should not happen, but it still happens with the contents still deteriorate in the separator between the windows. In addition, the top window is still no marker channel.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-19 08:35
Oleg10011001 replied at 2016-7-15 14:12
Well, after a firmware update, I see that the problem with cursors work in Track mode - almost solve ...

Dear sir,
Please check your email.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-19 23:26
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-19 23:40

Well, after a firmware update, I see that everything I described in the previous report defects were not corrected. Maybe you want to illustrate the flaw in the cursors measure voltage in "Track" mode, the type of cursor measurements. So, like so cursors appear when switching in the Cursor type "Track" mode:

As can be seen, initially measuring the voltage cursors are not attached to the waveform and measure is not clear what. This is the cosmetic defect. Should I just move my cursor "S" or "E" followed by the associated arrow cursor related to the measurement of the voltage takes place allotted to him on the trace:

Then cursor measurements are operating normally. However, if you turn off mode cursor measurements oscilloscope probably remembers the position of the cursor related to the measurement of voltage and the next time the cursor measurement mode to "Track" without looking puts cursors measure voltage at the places where they were in the previous session, cursor measurements. The problem here is that between the previous session cursor measurements and waveform current session could be shifted, and in the end this is what happens:

Here, too, enough to move cursors "S" or "E" and the associated cursor related to the measurement of the voltage takes place allotted to him. It also happens that after stirring of the cursor "S" put them to the place occupied at once both cursors measure voltage. Described defect occurs only once after the switch in the type of cursor measurement mode "Track" and disappears after the start of the use of cursors. To remove this cosmetic defect, it is necessary that when you switch to cursor measurement type "Track" mode cursors measure voltage immediately be installed in the normal position, corresponding to the current cursor position "S" and "E" on the waveform.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-20 03:58
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-20 04:01

Attention! He discovered that the bug with the use cursors measure voltage mode cursor measurements are not fully fixed. For example, here are some screenshots follow the cursor on the rising edge of the pulse:

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-21 16:27
Dir sir,
Please inform how to create.
We will test this problem.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-22 02:39
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-22 02:43

You can not reproduce the error using the information from the screenshots? Weird ... On my oscilloscope, the error occurs on a regular basis. Here are the steps:
1) Turn on the oscilloscope. The probe is only connected to the first channel;
2) Install the probe at the desired point the test circuit and press "AUTO" button. In this case, I connect the probe to the sixth contact CH340G chip on the Arduino Uno board, that is, look, that is transmitted via USB between your PC and this board;
3) After the completion of the function "AUTO" I see periodically transmitted pulse packets 1Khz frequency. Scan time is automatically set to 400us (although sometimes for some reason placed on 2ms):

4) I need to see momentum in detail in this I change the scan time to 200ns, have positioned the burst on the screen so that it fills most of the screen and stop the capture by clicking "SINGLE SEQ" button. Next I will work with the stored (4K) waveform:

5) After clicking the "HORIZ MENU" button and set the active window to set "Window Ctrl" turn to work with two windows mode;
6) Make active top window, select it in the desired position on the waveform, and then making an active lower window start it right to increase the portion of the waveform reaching eventually to sweep time 2ns. By the way, today noted that since the sweep time 20ns for the bottom window displays the waveform there is becoming less available working area of the screen width and going up to 2ns have scan on the screen as follows:

7) Next, by clicking "CURSOR" turns on cursor measurement type "TRACK".
8) Press the V0 knob positions the cursor "S" in the center of the bottom of the window that is active. The result is the following:

9) A little V0 rotate the knob back and forth and get the following:

10) Move the cursor to "E" in the bottom window on what does not affect:

That's all. As I said, this problem occurs continually. Reset the oscilloscope settings to default problem not solved.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-22 16:04
Dir sir,
We are modifying the BUG. Please wait for a while.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-25 12:32
Dear sir,
Please check your email.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-26 09:29
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-26 12:35

One can see that there was an attempt to correct the error in the measured voltage cursors in "Track" mode. Unfortunately, this error is still not fixed, although it has become less:

Moreover, a new error has been added in the latest version of the firmware; in previous versions of the firmware, this error was absent. When using the oscilloscope in a mode with two windows in the upper window (when it is active) began to work badly cursors to measure the voltage in "Track" mode. Once the cursor "S" and / or "E" leave that part of the waveform, which is projected in the lower window, so immediately stops working associated cursor measuring voltage:

Other alleged errors are still relevant.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-28 08:04
Edited by amy at 2016-7-28 08:07

Please change the display type to dots toview.
When the basetime of the minor window is verysmall, the quantity of the display dots is very few.
There is a distance without data between twopoints.
When the cursor is between two points, thereis no real point to track, so the cursor cannot track accurately.

[attach]1070[/attach]  [attach]1069[/attach]

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-28 08:08
About the new bug, we are modifying.
Later we will send the firmware to your mailbox.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-28 19:27
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-7-29 02:08

Now I understand. Thanks for the explanation! I want to note that really is that cursors measure the time located between DOTS and constantly and I do not understand why it made possible? Would not it be more correct to move the cursors only by dots? In addition, if the waveform is drawn in Vectors mode, why not move the cursors to measure voltage on the point vectors that are known? I would also add that I have previously raised the issue that need the ability to adjust the accuracy / speed of moving cursors measure time. At that time I did not have coarse displacement mode because the cursor moves very slowly. This time, I note that I do not have pixel-precise cursor movement. Still, when 2ns scan on the waveform signal digitized at a frequency 1Gs / sec cursor step 5 ns - it's too rough, you need to be able to take a step 1ns move the cursor, just you can move the cursor to any dots on the screen.. I certainly can move the waveform so that was one of the cursors to the desired place, but for the second cursor, this method is not suitable ...

P.S: I would also like to know whether it is possible here to ask not only fix bugs or modify something, but also add new capabilities previously missing? For example, I would like to have trigger catch pulses which differ from the specified values are not only the width (duration), and height (voltage)...

Author: amy    Time: 2016-7-29 16:15
Dear sir,
Please check your email for the new firmware.

If you want to magnify to 2ns to view the waveform, please use single window mode.
In single window mode, the min. cursor step and basetime step are 50ps also, now you can view use the cursor to test every point.
In double window mode, the min base time of the major window is 200ns(constant), the cursor traces the points in the major window.
Now, the min. cursor step and basetime step are 5ns also. In minor window, the view just be an enlargement of the major window view.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-29 18:00
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-1 13:33

Thanks for the explanation!

Moreover, a new error has been added in the latest version of the firmware; in previous versions of the firmware, this error was absent. When using the oscilloscope in a mode with two windows in the upper window (when it is active) began to work badly cursors to measure the voltage in "Track" mode. Once the cursor "S" and / or "E" leave that part of the waveform, which is projected in the lower window, so immediately stops working associated cursor measuring voltage

This bug been fixed

The latest version of the firmware the following new bugs have been seen:
1) After clicking on the "SAVE TO USB" button, in the process of performing this function, for some reason, for a short time, a menu opens, if it has been closed;
2) When the set scan time 2ns sometimes waveform drawn some strange wavy line:

If the capture of oscillograms is stopped, you should perform some action with a waveform, for example just move it, and the view waveform becomes normal:

This bug was first spotted back in the previous version of the firmware and continues until now.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-7-31 23:32
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-1 13:28

I found another bug or maybe a lot of bugs in one place. It is impossible to make cursor measurements of any type on the on-screen reference waveform - when you specify as a source RefA (namely from there taken the reference waveform shown on the screen), cursors simply disappear from the screen and still can not switch between cursors "S" and "E" through F4 keys. Neither indicator is lit next to the control element V0 and its rotation or pressing or has no effect. For exemple:

In addition, when the source is selected RefB (off) appear on the screen cursors, which measure is not clear that, while switching between cursors "S" and "E" are not generally available. For exemple:

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-2 10:57
Dir sir,
We will contact you after we modify this bug.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-3 15:10
Dir sir,
Please let me know,
What did you do when the wavy line appeares at 2ns basetime? How to create this wavy line?

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-3 15:43
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-3 16:52

For wavy line, I do not do anything special. Now perform the following steps:
1) Turn on the oscilloscope, and then reset it to the default;
2) Starting to get the waveform with a USB-connector Arduino Uno, I placed it on the screen so that it takes up most of the screen;
3) During the capture scan waveform changed with time. At this time, I put it on 2ns;
4) By repeatedly pressing the button "SINGLE SEQ" and in one of the still images obtained wavy line:

As you can see, this time not all the waveform drawn by a wavy line. In addition, this time as I did not move the waveform on the screen its appearance has not changed and has not returned to normal. I have wavy line is obtained from the very first attempt (pressing the button "SINGLE SEQ"). However, not every waveform fails to see it. For example, I could not get a wavy line on the waveform obtained from the calibration of the generator built-in oscilloscope. I'm not sure that this bug. Just I saw something seemed strange to me and I show you. You tell yourself bug or not.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-4 11:12
OK.
We will test it to find out the reason. Will contact you later。

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-6 18:07
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-6 21:31

Well, the latest version of the firmware, I saw the following:
1)
After clicking on the "SAVE TO USB" button, in the process of performing this function, for some reason, for a short time, a menu opens, if it has been closed

This bug been fixed;

2) For the most part solved the problem with the work cursor measurements on the reference waveform. At the same time somehow made inaccessible cursor measurements the type "Track" as the source when the selected reference waveform. And, in doing so, we assumed that the user first selects the type of cursor measurements, and then indicate the source. If you do the opposite, that is, first by selecting the source (for example: RefA), and then the type of cursor measurement the type "Track", we get the following situation:

The cursor "S" and "E" are functioning properly, but the associated cursors measure voltage - do not work. In this situation, you can easily get, if the user uses a different type of cursor measurements on the reference waveform and does not need to modify the source before going to cursor;

3) When fixed scan time 2ns waveform with USB-connector Arduino Uno is still drawn a wavy line.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-15 12:14
Well, waiting for the long-awaited bug fixing reported finding new bugs (or strange). All of them are related to the work the trigger type "Edge" (Slope: Rising); it is used by default. The only thing I would change in the settings Trigger Mode: Normal (default is Mode: Auto). In general, I wanted to see what kind of transients occur when you turn on the power supply of my laboratory. I connected the oscilloscope to the power supply, set up in the above manner the trigger and turn on the power unit. Here is what I saw on the oscilloscope screen:

It seems to me that, in this case, the center line, dotted line and waveform should intersect at one point? Here we see that the trigger load for 80ms before the signal level has reached the trigger level trigger... Next, I turn off the power supply and the trigger for some reason again is triggered, although the settings specified trigger Slope: Rising, instead Slope: Falling. Here is what I saw on the oscilloscope screen:

Here we do not even see the waveform of the places where the signal level has reached the trigger level trigger... In addition to this, I can not, with the trigger in the specified mode, scroll through the registered waveform horizontally. When you try to do this can happen one of two things:
1) Waveform disappear, as happened in this screenshot:

2) Waveform does not disappear from the screen, but at the same time stands still and does not scroll. I see in this movement only trigger offset marker.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-16 09:53
Dir sir,
We had contact you via email.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-16 12:57
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-16 13:24

Well, after a firmware update, I saw that what I said earlier (Post time 2016-8-6 18:07:33) remains relevant. As for my message yesterday, I seem to figured out what the problem was - it happened fast transients that were not visible at the scan time, which has been established but the trigger on them worked. You only need to deal with the inability to scroll horizontally registered waveform when the oscilloscope is waiting for the next event, which will trip the trigger and update the waveform on the screen. By the way, here's waveform with the transient, who have not seen, but which trigger works when you turn off the power supply. Look, I try to scroll it horizontally, but it goes on, with only shifts the trigger handle:

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-17 15:09
Sir, interpretation for several issues,
The track cursor doesn't support reference waveform.
And the wavy line should come from the input signal.
About your new questions, you can use the single trigger "SINGLE SEQ" to get the fast transients signal and move the waveform horizontally.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-17 17:18
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-17 18:03
The track cursor doesn't support reference waveform.

Yes, I already knew it, but the reason why it was done I do not understand. I merely pointed out that this case is not brought to an end. It takes more to make inaccessible switch mode cursor measurements type "Track" when the source is selected as the reference waveform (RefA or RefB).

And the wavy line should come from the input signal.

I do not understand how this is possible? When the set time 2ns scan oscilloscope sampling at a rate 1Gs / sec. Thus it appears that one cell of the grid on the screen is necessary on the two points. On wavy lines I see about two waves of one grid cell and thus get one out of two:
1) Existing point somehow connected is not a straight line but an arc;
2) the points themselves for some reason, are drawn in the form of an arc, not a straight line or point.
Between samples, the oscilloscope receives no information about the signal and thus it is not clear how the input signal may affect what an oscilloscope connects two adjacent points on the arc of the screen, rather than direct...

About your new questions, you can use the single trigger "SINGLE SEQ" to get the fast transients signal and move the waveform horizontally.

I understand it. Now there is the question of what is normal if that is not possible to scroll horizontally registered waveform when the oscilloscope waits for the next event, which will trip the trigger and update of the waveform on the screen? When continued capture waveforms stopped scrolling no problem.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-19 10:31
1. The track cursor doesn't track the ref waveform, please use the time and voltage cursor to measure.
2. When the base time is less than or equal to 80ns, the scope enters into interpolation mode. Most of the points are drawn by the interpolation method based on the collected points.
3. In normal trigger mode, only when the waveform meets the trigger condition, the scope will scan, the waveform will be displayed, but the waveform will not be saved or stopped.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-23 07:17
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-23 07:47
1. The track cursor doesn't track the ref waveform, please use the time and voltage cursor to measure.

Okay, but is it possible to prevent the entry into the mode that is not supported? When I switch to cursor measurement type "Track" choice as a source of some reference waveform is blocked and it is right. However, if I choose as a source of reference waveform, the ability to switch to cursor measurement type "Track" for some reason are not locked and it is not correct because it allows input mode is not supported. It's not difficult to modify.

2. When the base time is less than or equal to 80ns, the scope enters into interpolation mode. Most of the points are drawn by the interpolation method based on the collected points.

It is clear, thank you for the clarification! However, I believe that when there is a waveform drawing mode using dots, interpolation is not used and you can see the true shape of the signal as it is. It turns out it is not possible here.

3. In normal trigger mode, only when the waveform meets the trigger condition, the scope will scan, the waveform will be displayed, but the waveform will not be saved or stopped.

It is clear, thank you for the clarification!

Earlier, I pointed out even at some moments in the work of the oscilloscope, which seems to have not seen you. In particular, I pointed to the absence in the upper window channel markers in dual view. I also pointed out that immediately after the switch to the Cursor mode type "Track", the voltage measuring cursors are unattached to the waveform. It has so far been no fixes or defined as the correct operation of the oscilloscope.

I will add that I would love to see constantly on the oscilloscope screen, the current sample rate and memory depth is used.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-23 17:04
Edited by amy at 2016-8-23 17:11

If you choose dots type to view the waveform, when the basetime is less than or equal to 80ns, the oscilloscope still enter into interpolation mode.
As the sampling time becomes shorter, the quantity of the sampling points will be reduced, not enough to draw the complete waveform.
Before, we have solved the problem of track cursor in the dual window。

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-8-23 20:30
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-8-23 21:11

Today rechecked it again, how cursors measure voltage work immediately after switching to the "Track" mode. If you switch to the "Track" mode takes place during the continued recording waveform, the cursor is positioned is normal, but the voltage is not calculated correctly:

If you switch to the "Track" mode takes place during the time when the registration of the new waveform is stopped, and the work goes to the stored waveform, the cursor can still be positioned wrong:

Marked are bugs in the cursors measure the voltage and calculate the voltage can only be observed immediately after the switch to the "Track" mode. After the start of movement of the cursor "S" or "E" these bugs disappear and the oscilloscope starts to operate normally. As for the lack of a channel marker in the top window when working with two windows, then this can be seen by looking in the following illustration:

Here you can replace the incorrect drawing of the waveform in the lower window at high magnification.

I will add that I would like to, with the default settings of the oscilloscope, does not change the previously set color scheme and sound mode button presses. If this can not be done, it would be desirable that the default was set that color scheme, which can be seen in the screenshots provided to me; In my opinion, this color scheme is best combined with an external oscilloscope view.

Author: amy    Time: 2016-8-24 13:44
We are testing and modify, please wait for a while.

Author: Oleg10011001    Time: 2016-9-5 19:30
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2016-9-5 19:39

Well, in anticipation of the long awaited bug fixing I want to clarify a couple of points.

Look at the following screenshots:

Here you can see the same point at a different time scans. Waveforms in both channels were taken from one point of the circuit, that is, should be identical. I wonder why, when the set scan time 4ns, the waveform on the second channel is drawn wavy line? Why is there such a big difference in the interpolation of the waveform? Another question: why the waveform received on both channels are shifted relative to each other at 5 ns? This is normal?

Author: amy    Time: 2016-9-6 17:35
We will test this problem. After fix it, we will contact you. Please wait for a while.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2