Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: DSO8202E System Update [Print this page]

Author: Bryce    Time: 2022-10-25 00:28
Title: DSO8202E System Update
My DSO8202E has stopped working. It does not boot up but gets stuck at a screen, "System Update", "Please Insert the USB device with update file which can be obtained from the supplier."
I tried downloading the latest firmware (the file dso1kb_func_hantek_dso_dso8202e_20191226.0.up) and putting it on a USB flash drive, but it does not react in any way when I insert the USB flash drive. I tried a 1 GB and an 8 GB drive, fat32 formatted with a single partition, no difference. I also tried putting the file on a microSD card and that did not work either.

Where can I get a USB drive with this firmware on it?

Also, what caused this problem? Is the device trying to force me to update to the latest firmware? A device that randomly stops working with no warning is no good, I can't depend on it to work.

Author: Jing    Time: 2022-10-26 16:48

Dear Sir,
Excuse me the machine is now every time the boot will be stuck on the boot screen?

Author: Bryce    Time: 2022-10-26 18:35
Yes, I've tried turning it off and turning it back on but it always sticks on the "System Update," and there is no response to any key, nor to the insertion of a flash drive.

Author: Shannon    Time: 2022-11-16 09:49
Edited by Shannon at 2022-11-16 09:58

Hi, I have the exact problem with my DSO8102E, it starts up and just shows a black screen with "System Update" dialog box, "Please Insert the USB device with update file which can be obtained from the supplier.". I tried inserting a USB stick with the latest Firmware and nothing is happening. Please help.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2