Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: dso2d15 frontend hangs on powerup [Print this page]

Author: aika    Time: 2021-4-19 08:06
Title: dso2d15 frontend hangs on powerup
Hi,

last night i was decoding I2C-Signals when suddenly my dso2d15 stopped responding.

When i restart the oscilloscope it's initializing the hardware as expected, then some relays click and when the frontend should draw the graphs it just stops responding...sometimes i takes 1 button push before it crashes. sometimes shows triggermode as 'Auto', other times as 'TD'.

The oscilloscope is detecting usb connection, keysight driver and windows detect it with the IVI-driver, however the Oscilloscope software doesnt show anything. Tested the calibration signal with another oscilloscope and it is 1KHz at 5V as expected.

Is there a way to reset the setup over usb to default ? im suspecting the frontend is crashing because of conflicting settings right before drawing the graph onto the screen.

[attach]4319[/attach]

Author: aika    Time: 2021-4-19 17:09
Forgot to say that this happened after upgrading firmware to dso3kb_20210311

Author: aika    Time: 2021-4-22 00:19
I read on the eevblog that there is a new firmware. So I tried if I can upgrade to it. This fixed the oscilloscope software by overwriting the corrupt settings file, i guess. At least the oscilloscope is working again. Now on firmware dso3kb_20210416

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2