Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: Serial bus triggering and decode [Print this page]

Author: fpasquetto    Time: 2020-9-25 21:49
Title: Serial bus triggering and decode
Hello, I can't find in the PC software the function described as "Serial bus triggering and decode" for the DSO 6204BC.
I expected to decode serial data protocols.

Thanks,
Federico P.

Author: QMESAR    Time: 2020-9-25 22:10
Hi
take a look at this tread it might help you
https://www.eediscuss.com/forum. ... page%3D1&page=1

Author: Martin1234    Time: 2020-9-27 07:32
Hi,

Be careful as I performed the FPGA upgrade and it bricked my 6204BC.
Tried many things but still will not go.
Recognized as the correct device but front light and SW will not go when it is connected.
I'm using up to date Windows 10 pro.
Qmesar.. did you have the latest Hantek SW install when you ran the DSOUpdate? It never completes when I run it. Waited over an hour...

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Author: QMESAR    Time: 2020-9-27 14:33
Qmesar.. did you have the latest Hantek SW install when you ran the DSOUpdate? It never completes when I run it. Waited over an hour...

No ,I had old Firmware on the scope and then I upgraded the Firmware as in the referenced post(thread) and then installed the latest PC SW and all worked well
I had no issue ,Although I have a 6254 scope, if I understand correctly this must work on all 62xx devices

Author: Martin1234    Time: 2020-9-28 05:23
I had the latest PC SW 2.2.6 installed as I have been trying to get the decode function for sometime. When I saw a firmware release to fix this issue (I had the old original/as shipped FPGA FW), I asked Hantek if it was compatable,  'Yes' was the answer. But the procedure bricked it. Unfortunately after much correspondance there appears to be no field solution and I may have to ship it back to the factory. I was hoping that someone may have experienced similar and fixed it in the field. Living in hope.  Cheers.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2