Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

123Next
Return to list New
View: 21441|Reply: 20

DSO4084B Bug report

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2018-1-18 04:45:37 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by xyz at 2018-1-18 15:08

Hi, here are some bugs that i found. My device info:

1. Adjust mem depth to >4K, in my case 64K. Set trigger to auto mode. Take a single shot of any waveform or just use run/stop. Turn horisontal position left and right to see waveform behind the screen. When trigger is set to auto mode waveform displays correctly from memory (pic. 1). Now switch trigger to normal mode and use horisontal position again. The waveform is cutted (pic. 2).

2. Set trigger to auto mode. Set time base to some large value, for example 500us. Take a single shot of any waveform (pic. 1). Decrease time base, in my case to 1us (pic. 2). You can see some line drawing issue. When one of line points is out of the screen, the line is not drawn. Drawing algorithm could use some interpolation to calculate missing point at x1 = 0 and x2 = screen width, and then draw line normally.

3. Using stopped waveform from previous point, change trigger to normal mode. Decrease time base to <=50us. Waveform is displayed incorrectly (pic. 1, 2).

4. Connect probe to device internal 1kHz generator. Set time base to 50ns, and set trigger to auto mode. Use single button (pic. 1). Then decrease time base to 20ns and use single button again (pic. 2), and so on (pic. 3)... See the waveform.

5. Set trigger to normal mode. Set time base <=20ns. Use single button. Horisontal position and time base controls are not working.

There are some other issues, but they probably exist due to problems that i listed above.
Also mem depth (sampling frequency) usage is kind different that i found in devices of other manufacturers (Rigol for example).
Now i have to force trigger on some detail that i want to see, and then eventualy zoom out to see the rest (using complete 64K mem).
It would be nice if i could do it in opposite way... I mean, that 64K mem was displayd default on entire screen width (without scrolling).
Then i could force trigger on some general data (usart frame for example), and then zoom in to see the details (using max sampling fequency available at current time base).

Hope to see some bug fixes soon...
Thank You.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2018-1-18 15:13:27 | Show all posts

Sir, thanks for your feedback.
Our engineer is modifying, please wait for a while.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-19 16:22:23 | Show all posts
Thank you for your fast reply.
Where can i find firmware change log?
It would be easier to check bug fixes if one was attached to firmware package...

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2018-1-20 09:16:33 | Show all posts
xyz replied at 2018-1-19 16:22
Thank you for your fast reply.
Where can i find firmware change log?
It would be easier to check bug ...

Sir, sorry, we don't provide the change log.
We will upload the latest firmware on our website: http://hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_12166.html

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-24 03:09:24 | Show all posts
I see there was firmware update (20180117). Problem #1 is fixed, but only partially. When you force trigger (single button) in auto or normal mode and use horisontal position, waveform is displayd fine... But, when you force trigger in auto mode, and then switch to normal mode without forcing the trigger again, waveform is still displayed cutted.

All other problems that i listed above still exist. Is this update suppose to fix them, or i should wait for next update? It's hard to guess without changelog

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-1-26 01:18:10 | Show all posts
Here are some other bugs thai i found:

1. Trigger mode: auto/normal. Acquire mode: HR. Triggered waveform has some horisontal offset, ~15ns.

2. Trigger mode: normal. Acquire mode: average. Time base <=20ns. Waveform is triggered randomly and is unstable on the screen.

Also, option to set "force trig" button as "save picture" have gone from menu. That's a pity, because this was actually a good one.
Looking forward for some updates...

x

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2018-1-26 16:55:45 | Show all posts
xyz replied at 2018-1-26 01:18
Here are some other bugs thai i found:

Sir, teh firmware has not been updated yet. Please wait a moment.

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-1 02:54:22 | Show all posts
And another bug with the trigger... To see the problem i sugest to use some short single pulse signal every 1 second. Set trigger to normal mode. Use single button to stop the waveform. Now use run/stop button to release the waveform. From now trigger acts like it was in auto mode, even if menu still says it's in normal mode. If you change trigger to auto and then to normal again, the trigger starts working normally. Any progress with update? Thank you.

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2018-2-2 16:59:53 | Show all posts
xyz replied at 2018-2-1 02:54
And another bug with the trigger... To see the problem i sugest to use some short single pulse signa ...

Sir, there is a new firmware for update.
Please download in this link: http://hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_12166.html

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-2-10 18:29:21 | Show all posts
Edited by xyz at 2018-2-10 22:39

Hello. I was trying to reply earlier but i couldn't login on the forum for almost a week, and actually i still can not. I see the were some changes with login system on the forum. I'm using firefox daily. Each time i try to login everything seems fine till i'm redirect to forums main page. There is no wrong password message or anything... I'm just still not logged in. I tried to switch to edge with same result. Now i'm using internet explorer. First try to login with same result, second time... somehow i'm logged in Please inform forums admin about the problem.

Thank You amy for great news... I have immediately downloaded new firmware to see what was fixed. Almost every bug that i reported above is repaird, except these two:
2. Trigger mode: normal. Acquire mode: average. Time base <=20ns. Waveform is triggered randomly and is unstable on the screen.
And another bug with the trigger... To see the problem i sugest to use some short single pulse signal every 1 second. Set trigger to normal mode. Use single button to stop the waveform. Now use run/stop button to release the waveform. From now trigger acts like it was in auto mode, even if menu still says it's in normal mode. If you change trigger to auto and then to normal again, the trigger starts working normally.

What i also noticed with second bug is that if i switch menu from trigger menu to any other and than to trigger menu again the trigger mode displays auto.
I belive they will be fixed with next firmware update. To be honest, when i wrote my first post i didn't expect that Hantek has such a great support

Meantime i have found another bug.
Connect probe to internal 1kHz generator. Set time base to 20ns. Use single button to stop the waveform. Now increase time base few steps and see the waveform. If it is displayd fine then repeat procedure from first step. This bug shows up only from time to time and i think it is due to some specific input signal. Here are screenshots:

Again, Thank You very much for your great support.
Lookin forward for some news...
Best wishes.

x
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 00:38 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.203694 second(s), 22 queries .