Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Electronic Engineer Discuss

View: 7074|Reply: 1

DSO5202P Trigger Level Problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Post time 2017-12-17 08:09:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
I recently purchased a DSO5202P, and I've found that there is a problem with the trigger levels with DC coupling.  It appears that the relation between the reported trigger level and the actual trigger level is affected by the vertical position of the trace.  At first I thought that this was a hardware defect, but I now think that it's merely a firmware bug.

The easiest way to reproduce this is to connect the two probes to the calibrator output, and then press AUTO SET.  Then (for each channel as a DC-coupled trigger source), vary the trigger level and observe the relationship between the reported trigger levels and the settings where the trigger correctly reports 1.00000 KHz.  This differs between CH1 and CH2, although if their vertical positions are interchanged, their apparent trigger levels are approximately interchanged as well (I suspect that they'd be exactly interchanged if it weren't for slight differences between the channels).  When adjusting the trigger level, it appears that the temporary horizontal trigger-level line corresponds to the apparent trigger level, not the actual trigger level.

I suspect that this could be at least mostly compensated by the firmware using information already available, though it's possible that the accuracy could be improved by including some form of trigger-level calibration in the self-calibration process (if it doesn't already do so).

I can provide some specific numbers for a couple of cases, but I expect that this problem is sufficiently reproducible that it's unnecessary.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
Post time 2017-12-21 15:35:09 | Show all posts
Sir, we need to test it. Please wait for a while.

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-3-29 15:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.147244 second(s), 21 queries .