Hantek DSO5202BM: Problem with using fast sweep time and a large memory depth

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2017-2-12 07:29:30 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
It was found not stable operation of the oscilloscope using 2M memory depth and sweep time  range 2ns...80ns and oscilloscope operates in dual channel mode.. The problem is that the oscilloscope is often sudden reboots and resets settings to default. The exact reason is not discovered leading to the reboot. For example, once I started  sweep time changes within a specified range oscilloscope at reboot . Another time oscilloscope started to reboot after clicking on the button "SAVE TO USB". For the third time oscilloscope crashes do not understand why. I switched it to the specified mode of operation and observing a minute that it seems to be working normally moved to pour himself some coffee, and when I returned the oscilloscope has already reboot and reset to default. The first time I see that the oscilloscope as often spontaneously rebooted; probably 5 or 6 times in a couple of hours, and I did not use any other function than to "SAVE TO USB",. small change sweep time within a specified range. Originally, I wanted to connect the two channel oscilloscope to its calibration generator and compare the meander. After this connect the two waveforms have been displaced down the screen and placed so that their images superimposed on each other. Then he began to increase the scan speed at the time. Until the establishment of the sweep time 200ns all like it was okay and I could see on the screen what I expected to see there. When accelerating the sweep time to 80ns and up I was confronted with the above-described instability of the oscilloscope. In addition to problems with sudden reboots there was one more thing I do not understand: waveforms of the two channels on the screen began to vary significantly, sometimes differed consistently and sometimes temporarily (waveform becomes the same, then they began to differ, and so they were changed once every 4-5 seconds ). For example, here is a screenshot of the screen that does not have the same waveform, but should be the same as it filmed from the same point:

However, this is not always the case, that the waveforms are the same.

P.S: Sorry my bad english.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
2#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-12 08:08:35 | Show the author posts only
I would also like to know whether you need to perform the procedure "Self Calibration" after each reset the oscilloscope to the default settings?

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
3#
 Author| Post time 2017-2-16 16:10:11 | Show the author posts only
Maybe I badly translated my words above are not clear?

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
4#
Post time 2017-2-18 16:40:44 | Show the author posts only
Sir, we will reply you after test. Please wait for a few days.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
5#
 Author| Post time 2017-5-18 06:18:04 | Show the author posts only
Hello! Three months have passed and there is still no answer on the merits...

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
6#
 Author| Post time 2017-5-18 07:29:22 | Show the author posts only
Unfortunately, at the first message here I made a mistake. I wrote that the problem occurs when the 2M memory depth and two channels are used. Probably it should be clear that I meant that the problem occurs when the oscilloscope uses all available memory of 2M. Simply, after reading my message, I saw that it can not be understood correctly, namely that when using two channels at once, I managed to allocate a memory depth of 2M for each channel, and this is not possible. Therefore, just in case, I will clarify that this is a situation when both channels are switched on and in use in the oscilloscope, and the memory depth is set to 1M, which in total gives a memory depth of 2M, since each channel uses 1M of memory. Today I tried again to reproduce the problem described here in the hope that there might be a bad day then, and maybe some natural phenomena influenced the work of the oscilloscope. Within five minutes, I again managed to achieve an automatic oscilloscope reset and reset the settings to their default values. This time it happened when I tried to switch off the second channel in the specified oscilloscope operation mode. The first time I pressed the "CH2 MENU" button, I heard a confirmation tone that the button was actually pressed and the oscilloscope registered its pressing, but after that the channel did not shut down; I waited for a shutdown of about 15-20 seconds. After that, I pressed the button a few more times in an attempt to turn off the second channel after all and at one of the next presses the oscilloscope automatically rebooted. I'll add one more noticed oddity in the oscilloscope's work. If in a situation where the oscilloscope operates using only one channel (the second channel is turned off) and the memory depth is 2M, then the second channel is taken and turned on, the memory depth used will suddenly change by 512K, although the change to 1M looks much more logical.

Threads

Credits

注册会员

Credits
7#
 Author| Post time 2017-11-12 18:31:39 | Show the author posts only
Edited by Oleg10011001 at 2017-11-12 18:33

The bug described here has not been fixed yet, although 9 months have passed and during this time it is possible to conceive a child and give birth to him ...

Threads

Credits

版主

Credits
8#
Post time 2017-11-13 11:06:14 | Show the author posts only
Oleg10011001 replied at 2017-11-12 18:31
The bug described here has not been fixed yet, although 9 months have passed and during this time it ...

Sir, sorry, I missed your question.
I will reply you tomorrow.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-25 03:27 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.197868 second(s), 20 queries .