DSO5202P Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2023-12-25 05:37:17 | Show all posts Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by RSK at 2024-1-4 04:41

Hi,I updated the firmware on this to the latest version (dso5kp_func_dso5202p20210225) from the Hantek website.
The update seemed to go well, however when the scope rebooted it stuck at the Hantek logo.

I tried the 'Factory reset' procedure (2s on, 2s off, back on) to get the the F1,F2,F3 menu...

F2 returned 'Restoring...' for about a minute the 'operation failed'
F3 came straight back with 'operation failed'
F1 rebooted the scope but then hung at the Hantek logo again.

Is there:
a) any keypress combination that would force a true factory reset?
b) a file I can put on USB key for diagnostics, etc. that would be loaded on boot (before the Hantek logo)?
c) any PC based diagnostics to connect to the rear/front USB socket?

regards

Ray

UPDATE (03/01/2024) ...
received 3 files from support, to allow the reboot rebuild (F3), but they didnt work, back to support

UPDATE (03/01/2024( ... Ok, sorted!!!!
Stay with me here...
I had tried many (many) USB sticks, 32Gb, 4Gb, 128Mb, Sandisk, Kingston, Corsair, Pound shop!, formatted as both Fat32 and Fat. Nothing worked

I could see 5v/gnd at the front socket so I scoped (yes I have another) the D-&D+, no matter what I did there was never any data flow.

I plugged a USB monitor between the USB stick and the scope and what do you know, it started the boot sector restore (F3) and restored the scope.
As a test I tried a firmware upgrade and that also failed without the USB monitor plugged in.

It seems that the scope doesnt even try to read a stick without the stick drawing above a certain power level (the power needed to power the monitor display & leds), some form of crude device detection I guess!

Anyway, all working now.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-5-13 06:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.158354 second(s), 20 queries .