DSO5202P Issue

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
Jump to specified page
1#
Post time 2023-12-25 05:37:17 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
Edited by RSK at 2024-1-4 04:41

Hi,I updated the firmware on this to the latest version (dso5kp_func_dso5202p20210225) from the Hantek website.
The update seemed to go well, however when the scope rebooted it stuck at the Hantek logo.

I tried the 'Factory reset' procedure (2s on, 2s off, back on) to get the the F1,F2,F3 menu...

F2 returned 'Restoring...' for about a minute the 'operation failed'
F3 came straight back with 'operation failed'
F1 rebooted the scope but then hung at the Hantek logo again.

Is there:
a) any keypress combination that would force a true factory reset?
b) a file I can put on USB key for diagnostics, etc. that would be loaded on boot (before the Hantek logo)?
c) any PC based diagnostics to connect to the rear/front USB socket?

regards

Ray

UPDATE (03/01/2024) ...
received 3 files from support, to allow the reboot rebuild (F3), but they didnt work, back to support

UPDATE (03/01/2024( ... Ok, sorted!!!!
Stay with me here...
I had tried many (many) USB sticks, 32Gb, 4Gb, 128Mb, Sandisk, Kingston, Corsair, Pound shop!, formatted as both Fat32 and Fat. Nothing worked

I could see 5v/gnd at the front socket so I scoped (yes I have another) the D-&D+, no matter what I did there was never any data flow.

I plugged a USB monitor between the USB stick and the scope and what do you know, it started the boot sector restore (F3) and restored the scope.
As a test I tried a firmware upgrade and that also failed without the USB monitor plugged in.

It seems that the scope doesnt even try to read a stick without the stick drawing above a certain power level (the power needed to power the monitor display & leds), some form of crude device detection I guess!

Anyway, all working now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

新手上路

Credits
2#
Post time 2024-1-15 15:42:08 | Show the author posts only
The DSO5202P problem refers to a problem that has been identified in DSO5202P model digital storage oscilloscopes. This problem has been reported by users and acknowledged by the manufacturer.

Best House Door Lock Change Services in Sacramento CA
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Dark room|Mobile|Archiver|Electronic Engineer Discuss

2024-4-28 19:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.151711 second(s), 20 queries .