Electronic Engineer Discuss

Title: Having trouble with meausring + pluse width [Print this page]

Author: Steve    Time: 2017-9-15 16:28
Title: Having trouble with meausring + pluse width
Hi. I would like to measure + pulse width 75% to 75%.
So, I used function as I’ve read from the manual ‘ +Pulse Width: Measured of the first positive pulse in the waveform. The time between the 50% amplitude points ‘
And it doesn’t showing +width timing.
Additionaly, how can I set 50% to 75%? I can’t find functions to measure 75% to 75%.
In tektronics DPO4032 oscilloscope, I can change value in measure – more – Reference settings – mid ref f from 50% to 75%.
If it doesn’t have functionality to measure 75% to 75%, is there any plans to add in further release?
If so, how long will it takes?
Best regard.

Author: amy    Time: 2017-9-15 16:37
Sir, sorry to inform that the +pulse width is measuring the time between the first rising edge and the next falling edge at the waveform 50% level.
What model fo your scope?
Maybe you can use the cursor to measure.

Author: Steve    Time: 2017-9-18 09:39
Edited by Steve at 2017-9-18 09:49

Hi, Amy. Thanks for your reply. My scope model is Hantek6074BC.
And I've read that scope is measuring 50% waveform level from the manual. and I've asked for an additional feature to measure 75% of the waveform in further release.
As I measure the oscilloscope builtin 1kHz 2Vp-p signal, it measures correctly (500uSec) but I tried to measure with actual signal, It doesn't measure well.

I can use the cursor to measure the timing but my hand and eyes are not precise as the automated functions.

Author: amy    Time: 2017-9-18 16:45
Sir, sorry to inform that our products only can measure the fixed +pulse width ay present.

Welcome to Electronic Engineer Discuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2